Tax Returns = New Amp?

Slim Jim

• Members

I did pretty well tax wise this year.

If I don't get a motorcycle or use it for a down payment on a new car, I'm gonna get a new amp.

Probably in the 2-2.5k range.

That opens me up to alot of possibilities, I know.

One problem being is that i'm not in a band, but does that ever really matter?

Choices i'm considering:

- Axe-fx

- Peters... Somethin

- EVH 5150 III

- Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary

I play music ranging from Appleseed Cast, Thursday, Brand New, ETID, Thrice, and I dabble with Blues.

Cleans are important. Real important.

I have a preference for Fender cleans..specially the Two Rock cleans on Mayers track "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room."

Versatility is obviously important too.

So what do we think?

Should I even get an amp since I'm not in a band and go for vehicles?

If I do, what's recommended? Anything amp I missed that I should consider?

• Members

Matters to me. Thats why all mine is in savings, and i'm sticking with a little combo amp. Why have a raging tube amp, if you just play at home?

Good for you! That's the way to do it.

I've never thought it was a good idea to let the government take all your money all year long...but....I suppose it's a "savings" account of sorts.

For the first time in my life I have to pay. We forgot we were losing a child tax credit. And Obama's "we're gonna put more money in your paycheck" was a complete farce....as yes there were a couple extra dollars, but all that was still due at the end of the year. IOW...we were still responsible for the same taxable income. Complete snow job I fell for...I shoulda known it wasn't REALLY a tax break.

• Members

The way my wife and I see it is that if we have that extra little bit on each pay check, chances are, it'll get spent.

however, by claiming single/zero and letting uncle sam take 25% off the top, getting back a big fat check at the end of tax season gives both of us a much greater sense of responsiblity to do something smart with it. you know? last year we got around $5500 back that we put all into a savings account. We both would have felt terrible if we had just squandered it on something that wasn't necessary. I thought about paying off my car but at the time, we weren't hurting for money and figured it should just go into savings should something happen that we NEEDED a lot of money in a hurry.

Now that the wife is out of a job, hind site is most DEFINITELY 20/20 and if she doesn't find a job soon, that tax money coming back will be a big financial cushion to fall back on after her 60 days of severance is up.

I'm also working with my dad (owns a CPA firm) to complete a section C for all of my gig income and gear spending last year. I made roughly $3000 in gig $$ and spent around $10,000 for gear :o

So hopefully I'll get something back from that.

• Members

I just listed 2 amps! A mesa markIV and a Elmwood M90. The M90 is incredible and lists from $3600-4000. I'm selling mine for $2500 shipped and it has just been retubed and comes with a free flightcase to keep it mint like it currently is now. In my opinion it's got one of the best clean tones I have ever heard in a super high gain head.

• Members
I just listed 2 amps! A mesa markIV and a Elmwood M90. The M90 is incredible and lists from $3600-4000. I'm selling mine for $2500 shipped and it has just been retubed and comes with a free flightcase to keep it mint like it currently is now. In my opinion it's got one of the best clean tones I have ever heard in a super high gain head.

you must be lost sir... the spam thread is this way

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2555953

:idea:

• Members

Check the spam threads. One just sold on RT for $1900 and there's another for sale for $2200.;)

• Members
The way my wife and I see it is that if we have that extra little bit on each pay check, chances are, it'll get spent.

~SNIP~

So hopefully I'll get something back from that.

That's fine whatever works for you. Best thing to do is take it out and put in savings...but we don't always have such discipline, huh? (BTW...my savings habit sucks. :facepalm: )

Archived