Ibanez GAS

crazyfool001

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did the opposite and I have had the same results. I went from thin assed RG necks to more comfortable, fat Gibson necks. My Gibsons destroy my RGS. My RG 570 and 550s can't compare to the gibsons for the stuff I play. My Ibanez RGT is still my #1 studio guitar for leads. It's mahogany though, which I prefer to the RG basswood guitars.

It's really a matter of preference. I can't stand Les Paul necks. I generally am not a fan of the way they sound as well.

• Members
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm kind of gassing for the rg2228.

Had one:

RG2228011.jpg

Sold it in the end, i didn`t like the feel of it, had a cheap vibe going on.

Case is quite mighty though, i kept it. Snake skin feel and all.

Oh and don`t mind my dirty work clothes and ugly mug.......

Chris

• Members
No it doesn't and I'll bet my RGs destroy your RG. I have an 1989 RG570 a 1990 RG 550 and a 1991 RG 550.
:cop:

Of course this is silly because it's all based on preferences. I prefer thicker necks and mahogany bodies.

Best years for RG`s man, can`t beat those. :thu:

While i prefer my RG necks to my Les Paul, the Paul has it`s place though, has a sound of it`s own.

Chris

• Members
Had one:

RG2228011.jpg

Sold it in the end, i didn`t like the feel of it, had a cheap vibe going on.

Case is quite mighty though, i kept it. Snake skin feel and all.

Oh and don`t mind my dirty work clothes and ugly mug.......

Chris

How did the RG2228 feel in terms of scale length compared to a regular 25,5"scale?

• Members
How did the RG2228 feel in terms of scale length compared to a regular 25,5"scale?

Scale length was OK, had a nice spongy feel to the strings but the overall neck feeling i din`t bond with, felt like a GRG model :eek:, well maybe not that extreme but it didn`t feel like a $2000 guitar. I`m just to used the feel of my 565`s man, i can`t get these of my mind when trying other guitars. I`m spoiled with them.

Chris

• Members

No it doesn't and I'll bet my RGs destroy your RG. I have an 1989 RG570 a 1990 RG 550 and a 1991 RG 550.
:cop:

Of course this is silly because it's all based on preferences. I prefer thicker necks and mahogany bodies.

yeah it is silly, i was just kidding. it's all personal preference.

i have one of those RG520qstb's- i bought it in 2001. mahogany body/sapele top(african mahogany) /maple neck/rosewood fretboard/edge trem/made in japan. i put a dimarzio mo joe/paf joe set in it and i swear to christ it has that classic "LP thru a marshall" sound plugged into my marshall. it's actually a very heavy guitar.

the neck is thin, but it is also flat and wide. i can't remember if it's a wizard or wizardII- it has a bubbinga reinforcement stripe on the back and just feels perfect to me. i couldn't ask for a better guitar especially for the price. these dimarzios really sound great in it.

my mustaine V's have a thicker neck that i like as well, and your typical gibson style feel and i like that too, but the ibanez just feels so right :lol:

i was probably going to try to find one or two more when i go back to work to have some different p/u's in them. if i can't find them i'll just buy another mahogany RG i guess. maybe a prestige.

• Members
Scale length was OK, had a nice spongy feel to the strings but the overall neck feeling i din`t bond with, felt like a GRG model
:eek:
, well maybe not that extreme but it didn`t feel like a $2000 guitar. I`m just to used the feel of my 565`s man, i can`t get these of my mind when trying other guitars. I`m spoiled with them.

Chris

I was just asking, because I got an Agile 8 string last week, it's an aweosme guitar, I love it, but it is a lot harder to play especially for lead playing than my 7's. I think the 7 string guitars will remain my main instruments but for soem really low stuff the 8-string is great, but I don't think I will do a lot (if any) soloing on it.

• Members
One guitar i just bought that i really like the feel is this Charvel San Dimas. It`s a rounder neck profile but has a nice compound radius that feels great. Easier to play with the thumb over the bass string technique than the Wizard necks.

slimegreen.jpg

Chris

Awesome! You have quite a collection, dude! :love:

A Charvel is another guitar I'd love to have. I never played a San Dimas, but I love the looks! And I bet they play great. The necks probably feel more like a Fender, right?

• Members
I was just asking, because I got an Agile 8 string last week, it's an aweosme guitar, I love it, but it is a lot harder to play especially for lead playing than my 7's. I think the 7 string guitars will remain my main instruments but for soem really low stuff the 8-string is great, but I don't think I will do a lot (if any) soloing on it.

Yeah i saw a guy playing on of those(Keith Merrow) on Youtube and they seem like nice guitars. He had one with a maple board :eek:

Damn nice for the price too.

Oh and this guy can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_NDrgQ7hl4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

Chris

• Members
Awesome! You have quite a collection, dude!
:love:

A Charvel is another guitar I'd love to have. I never played a San Dimas, but I love the looks! And I bet they play great. The necks probably feel more like a Fender, right?

Yep, it is basicly a modified strat in escence. Feels great and for a great price to boot.

Chris

• Members
Yeah i saw a guy playing on of those(Keith Merrow) on Youtube and they seem like nice guitars. He had one with a maple board
:eek:

Damn nice for the price too.

Oh and this guy can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/L_NDrgQ7hl4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

Chris

Yup, I know that very clip! I actually have both his EP's that he offers as free downloads.
My Agile had a maple board, too:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2553994

• Members

Yup, I know that very clip! I actually have both his EP's that he offers as free downloads.

My Agile had a maple board, too:

God damn, now i have gas for one of these.

I can`t comprehend how they make such a nice axe for such a low price!!!!!

How do these feel? Compared to your Ibanez 7`s(Wich model do you have?)

I might go ahead and buy one soon:facepalm:

Chris

• Members
ESP565s001.jpg

I've been waiting for a looooong time for an emerald green RG565 to pop up that is in minty shape. I agree that the RG565s are pretty much the Ibanez to play....love the neck and the pickup configuration...everything you'll pretty much ever need in that one guitar. Nice collection!

• Members
I've been waiting for a looooong time for an emerald green RG565 to pop up that is in minty shape. I agree that the RG565s are pretty much
the
Ibanez to play....love the neck and the pickup configuration...everything you'll pretty much ever need in that one guitar. Nice collection!

I could sell all my guitars and just keep these and i`d be fine, really the best guitars i ever laid hands on, period. The H/S configuration is so perfect.

Each one is tuned up differently and they rip.

Thanks,i`ve been at collecting for a while and i`m quite proud of the collection i`ve got.
:thu:

Chris

• Members

God damn, now i have gas for one of these.

I can`t comprehend how they make such a nice axe for such a low price!!!!!

How do these feel? Compared to your Ibanez 7`s(Wich model do you have?)

I might go ahead and buy one soon:facepalm:

Chris

It feels great, I also cannot believe how they can make such a great guitar for that price.

For me it's still harsd to get used to it due to the longer scale, but that's not anything bad about the guitar, the guitar is of great quality.

If you are interested in an 8-string I'd definitely recommend getting an Agile!

• Members
It feels great, I also cannot believ how they can make such a great guitar for that price.

For me it's still harsd to get used to it due to the longer scale, but that's not anything bad about the guitar, the guitar is of great quality.

If you are interested in an 8-string I'd definitely recommend getting an Agile!

I`ll look into it for sure man, thanks.

:thu:

Chris

Archived