Ibanez GAS

crazyfool001

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have one of the USA Custom Shop models. Whether or not you like them depends a lot on their necks. There are plenty of guitars out there that look great and play just fine for thousands of other people but I simply hate them because their necks feel weird, to me. I don't know about Les Pauls or other Gibsons but I can't take SG necks. The guitars look and sound fantastic but the necks feel like a baseball bat with frets on it, to me. I don't know what it is about Stratocaster necks but those feel horrible to me, too.

The Ibanez necks have a really wide fretboard, a really slim neck profile, and a 25.5" scale and some people may really dislike that. I personally don't love it (even though I'd never sell mine). I HIGHLY prefer my ESP's neck. It has a thicker profile that isn't Gibsonish, a little narrower fretboard, and a 24.75" scale which I prefer. So yeah.. play a bunch of guitars before you settle on one because the neck alone might turn you off. Or maybe you already played an RG and love it. I dunno. haha.

Side note: I always hear people saying the RGs are bright guitars but, man, mine is definitely darker than my thick, mahogany ESP. On the neck pickup, it's downright muddy and sometimes indistinguishable. Maybe the mid-90s pickups on it just weren't designed with B Standard tuning in mind, though.

• Members

Thanks for the comments guys.

I went through a lot of makes of guitars and in the end, it came down too Ibanez and Dean. I like both for different reasons but in my heart, Ibanez is #1.

Of all there models,the RG565 does it, it has the best neck profile i ever laid my hands on (Original Wizard neck). Once you get used to that neck, you will compare every other guitar you lay hands on to them.

Chris

• Members

Thanks for the comments guys.

I went through a lot of makes of guitars and in the end, it came down too Ibanez and Dean. I like both for different reasons but in my heart, Ibanez is #1.

Of all there models,the RG565 does it, it has the best neck profile i ever laid my hands on (Original Wizard neck). Once you get used to that neck, you will compare every other guitar you lay hands on to them.

Chris

Is the RG 565 the one with one HB and one SC?

• Members

I've had a lot of Ibanez guitars. I have an RG 570, two 550s and this RGT3120. I'm probably goin to get rid of all of them except for this one. I love it.

I got rid of the EMGs. Now it has a Dimarzio Air Zone in the Bridge, a PAF Pro in the neck, 5 way selector and a swicth that routes the bridge directly to the output bypassing all other controls for a little extra power.

The neck on the RGT is awesome too. Its thicker than the typical wizard necks.

l_130476e5a12cc35d2317199cae1d86a6.jpg

l_834af2617f0681d753732edb03bb1d31.jpg

l_b015b211322fb984ebef30e8b42faf44.jpg

l_a9a1ea1b592dd69ca9ff1789762b0f24.jpg

• Members
I've had a lot of Ibanez guitars. I have an RG 570, two 550s and this RGT3120. I'm probably goin to get rid of all of them except for this one. I love it.

I got rid of the EMGs. Now it has a Dimarzio Air Zone in the Bridge, a PAF Pro in the neck, 5 way selector and a swicth that routes the bridge directly to the output bypassing all other controls for a little extra power.

The neck on the RGT is awesome too. Its thicker than the typical wizard necks.

l_130476e5a12cc35d2317199cae1d86a6.jpg

l_834af2617f0681d753732edb03bb1d31.jpg

l_b015b211322fb984ebef30e8b42faf44.jpg

l_a9a1ea1b592dd69ca9ff1789762b0f24.jpg

:love:

• Members

I traded my strats and les pauls for an Ibanez rg and never looked back.

I did the opposite and I have had the same results. I went from thin assed RG necks to more comfortable, fat Gibson necks. My Gibsons destroy my RGS. My RG 570 and 550s can't compare to the gibsons for the stuff I play. My Ibanez RGT is still my #1 studio guitar for leads. It's mahogany though, which I prefer to the RG basswood guitars.

Archived