Got a job interview in an hour and I'm freakin' nervous!!

Lord ToneKing

• Members

God I know how that feels. Last week I had an interview like that with the sheriff's office. All the big wigs were there asking all kinds of questions and throwing out scenarios to me. But they tossed out some jokes and what not and that helped me relax a lot. I still hate the "What's your best and worst quality?" questions though.

• Members

I still hate the "What's your best and worst quality?" questions though.

Oh god, the generic "I read a book on how to make great hires" questions...

"Tell me about a time when you showed you were a great team player." :rolleyes:

"What's your worst quality?" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Sell me this pen." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Members

That's nothing. I just got off a phone interview where I was quizzed with glossary terms and test questions I haven't heard of or thought about in like 3 years. {censored} I halfway remember from introduction to Java courses...and this is a company that develops exclusively in .NET. I totally bombed it too because I would never have expected them to ask this {censored}. It has no bearing on actually DOING anything. I would have had to go back to an old Java textbook and study the glossary. :facepalm:

• Members

Well the interview went excellent!! Bunch of older women who were joking and making things very comfortable. I answered everything they asked with what I believe were the answers they wanted to hear...they arranged a phone interview with the big dog for the final step. I could just tell that they really like my personality and my many years of experience

I think I nailed it!:thu:

BTW...it's a maintenace coordinator position for the biggest and most expensive assisted senior living complexes in the state. Great pay, full benefits, medical (-0-co-pay) dental ins, 2 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks sick days, paid holidays...401k (if that means anything anymore:confused:)...it's just a really good job for me

thanks for the mojo ma peeps!:)

• Members

Oh god, the generic "I read a book on how to make great hires" questions...

"Tell me about a time when you showed you were a great team player."
:rolleyes:

"What's your worst quality?"

"Sell me this pen."

:lol:

1.) Well, this one time, Jim was talking about how great Marsha's ass looked in her short skirt, so we both went up and grabbed it at the same time.

2.) I'm too awesome. Wait, no that's a good quality too. {censored} it. I'm perfect.

3.) If you're dumb enough to buy your own pen, maybe I should be interviewing for your job instead.

Congrats btw Tom!

• Members

Well the interview went excellent!! Bunch of older women who were joking and making things very comfortable. I answered everything they asked with what I believe were the answers they wanted to hear...they arranged a phone interview with the big dog for the final step. I could just tell that they really like my personality and my many years of experience

I think I nailed it!
:thu:

BTW...it's a maintenace coordinator position for the biggest and most expensive assisted senior living complexes in the state. Great pay, full benefits, medical (-0-co-pay) dental ins, 2 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks sick days, paid holidays...401k (if that means anything anymore:confused:)...it's just a really good job for me

thanks for the mojo ma peeps!
:)

Rock AND roll, brutha! More mojo sent to help close the deal. :thu:

• Members

I think I nailed it!
:thu:

thanks for the mojo ma peeps!
:)

:thu: Its Miller time! And by Miller time, I mean time for a beer other than Miller.

Archived