Emperor Cabinets

spawnofthesith

• Members

I am looking to get a 4x12 this summer, and I was mainly considering either a mesa or a splawn. But I recently heard about Emperor cabinets and decided to check them out. Does anyone have any experience with these things? What is the general consensus on these cabs? And what is the pricing generally like? I sent out for a quote just a moment ago but I am curious on what the range is like.

Thanks all!

• Members
GAS is building...

In terms of price, how do they compare to say a new Mesa?

I think an Emperor 4x12 is $800 shipped, but it depends on which speakers you get installed. Their "stock" speaker and cheapest option used to be the Jensen Electric Lightning, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Those Jensen EL's kick ass BTW! :rawk:

• Members

A few local bands here use them, they're smaller than Mesa's if I remember correctly, they sound awesome though. I wanted a Emperor for awhile but eventually got a Verellen instead, they're around the same price but you can get your choice of WGS from Verellen. At the time I got mine were way cheaper, but even at the same price I'd still go with Verellen, so good I'm selling my Matamp :D

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either :thu:

• Members

They sound killer and I love the looks. Plus they're built in my hometown :D at the same time I'm a big Mesa fan and love those cabs, so you can't go wrong there. If you look at Emperor's artist list you'll see a lot of post-rock/sludge/doom etc bands so especially if that's your thing...

• Members

Hmm not quite the style my playing drifts towards. I more towards the melodeath type thing :lol: (accept my writing probably sounds closer to metalcore :cry: )

These are definitely very much piquing my interest still though. Seems like they've got the looks and the sound, and the fact that you have the control over the specs for that price is quite a draw.

And there is a nerd factor going at the thought of having an Emperor cab along with a Vader cab :lol:

Archived