Well, I loved my Marshall Class 5 for a couple days

axuality

• Members

Then I realized what I at first feared- one 10" speaker doth not a serious guitar amplifier make.

The tone is great, the crunch is fun and great, and when it's loud it's heavenly. And if all I wanted was an amp to listen to and have fun with, this one's a great choice.

But even though they gave the sound a "seemingly big bass and fullness" by enclosing the cabinet, it still has the lack of bigness that a 12" speaker has. I wanted to use the amp for recording, but I just can't get comfortable with all of my sound coming through a 10".

So even though I read "this amp is certainly not a toy", for my needs a toy, and a FUN toy, is exactly what it is.

Why couldn't Marshall just put in a 12"?

• Members

Then I realized what I at first feared- one 10" speaker doth not a serious guitar amplifier make.

The tone is great, the crunch is fun and great, and when it's loud it's heavenly. And if all I wanted was an amp to listen to and have fun with, this one's a great choice.

But even though they gave the sound a "seemingly big bass and fullness" by enclosing the cabinet, it still has the lack of bigness that a 12" speaker has. I wanted to use the amp for recording, but I just can't get comfortable with all of my sound coming through a 10".

So even though I read "this amp is certainly not a toy", for my needs a toy, and a FUN toy, is
exactly
what it is.

Why couldn't Marshall just put in a 12"?

If you have a 4x12 cab, why don't you just plug into it?

• Members

I don't get it....

you're getting awesome sweet tones from it yet you still hate it.

It's a practice/recording/small gig amp. Performing very well. You should be digging the {censored} out of it! It almost sounds like a mental thing;

but I just can't get comfortable with all of my sound coming through a 10

What is it you don't like..."uncomfortable" with?

Archived