VANDEN HULL SPEAKER CABLE

NilByMouth

• Members

{censored} that {censored}, hit the shack, but a soldering iron, 14 or 12 gauge speaker wire, and order up some nice switch craft 1/4 plugs and you've got all the cable you need.

Ultimately the cheap stuff from Radio Shack is about the same price as Canare and isn't nearly as nice to work with.

Plus, it's good to order the oversized 1/4in jacks (I like the Neutrik ones) so you can use the larger stuff.

Redco.com :thu:

• Members

Ultimately the cheap stuff from Radio Shack is about the same price as Canare and isn't nearly as nice to work with.

Plus, it's good to order the oversized 1/4in jacks (I like the Neutrik ones) so you can use the larger stuff.

Redco.com
:thu:

I've got nothing against buying canare or something reasonably priced, and doing it yourself with quality components. OTOH buying expensive ass pre-made cables is just :facepalm:. Still, you can get a spool of speaker wire cheaper than a spool of canare, and make twisted pairs in a couple of minutes. It's not that hard to work with.

• Members

ok people, it's not every day that I actually have a solid experienced-based opinion on HCAF (being in this {censored}ing {censored}hole as opposed to you all), but I did order a {censored}load of cables from Lava, including a couple of van den Huls and did conduct a test.

Let me tell you this. Anyone who tells you that a vdh or a Vovox cable doesn't cost its price has his head stuck in the ass so deeply, he wouldn't be able to tell good tone even if it bit him in the ass.

There IS a difference. Not so much as Vovox vs. Zaolla vs. vdH, but vdH DEFINITELY outshines every single cable out there. It's a very thick and tough cable too. I actually invited a couple of performing musicians to the test and they were very surprised as well.

Now, would I get myself another vdH? No. I think Vovox are almost the same and they're much more reasonably priced. I'm replacing all my cables with Vovox and keeping the speaker vdH.

• Members

ok people, it's not every day that I actually have a solid experienced-based opinion on HCAF (being in this {censored}ing {censored}hole as opposed to you all), but I did order a {censored}load of cables from Lava, including a couple of van den Huls and did conduct a test.

Let me tell you this. Anyone who tells you that a vdh or a Vovox cable doesn't cost its price has his head stuck in the ass so deeply, he wouldn't be able to tell good tone even if it bit him in the ass.

There IS a difference. Not so much as Vovox vs. Zaolla vs. vdH, but vdH DEFINITELY outshines every single cable out there. It's a very thick and tough cable too. I actually invited a couple of performing musicians to the test and they were very surprised as well.

Now, would I get myself another vdH? No. I think Vovox are almost the same and they're much more reasonably priced. I'm replacing all my cables with Vovox and keeping the speaker vdH.

Very interesting. I'll have to try a VDH cable on my Crate GX10:thu:

• Members

Cool, it's your dollar. IMO all the speaker cable marketing hype is just that, but ymmv.

thanx for the chime in but i'm using my ears here not my wallet right now,i know i can do better than the monster cable.......with out a doubt and i lay a years wages on it,when i upgraded my hifi cables i thought id bought a new rig........i know hifi and guitars is somewhat different but through that experience i'd like to try some guitar speaker cable for the amp,see if it can get more solid ect

• Members

The funny thing about speaker cables (and I'm guilty with my moderately over-priced Evidence Audio stuff) is that, unless you rewire the cab with equally quality cable, it's kind of a moot point.

understandable! but there is still the question about that huge gap of air between the amp and cab that we must sort first.....ive spent alot of money on my amp so i pays to keep it in good company.....good cables offer lower signal distortion,not the kind of distortion we like

• Members

Very interesting. I'll have to try a VDH cable on my Crate GX10:thu:

If you feel happier by thinking that your tone can't be better than the one you have with your planet-waves-monster-cable piece of {censored} wire, then by all means, leave the thread :wave:

Ignorance is bliss and it saves money.

• Members

If you feel happier by thinking that your tone can't be better than the one you have with your planet-waves-monster-cable piece of {censored} wire, then by all means, leave the thread
:wave:

Ignorance is bliss and it saves money.

Take it easy there, brah. I never said low $$$ cables were better nor did I bash top dollar speaker cables.

Anybody who doesn't buy cables assembled with oxygen free copper and gold connectors should just quit playing guitar TODAY! I mean, {censored}...know what I mean?

• Members

we will have our believers and disbelievers but none the less i think we should keep the threads to believers only and those who r curious...its obvious there will be a swabble over it....

i for a fact have heard a SIGNIFICANT impact via my audio system that lends my curiosity to my amp,but not to make it hifi just to squeeze everything out of it that ive paid for.....it dosnt matter if its $25 or $99 i wouldnnt go over 10% of what the rig cost tho

• Members

check lavacable.com for reference. the guy goes by lavaman here.

some people don't get his humor on this board, but I concur everything he wrote in the Buying Guide article on his site. Cause I literally ordered most of his cables and compared them myself. I'm a devoted mother{censored}er.

Archived