Bah, I hate trying to sell gear...

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

Was arranging to sell my E-CY-165CTM to someone, he reckoned he needed maybe a week or so to get the money together for it. No problem, I'll hold on to the guitar for you, I say. Meanwhile, after several weeks have passed and there's been no further communication from him, I start arranging to sell it to another guy who was interested in it back when I was talking to the first guy (but I told him the other guy had dibs).

Over a month later, the first guy comes back and offers to trade me a black and red Gibson SG Zoot Suit for it. FFS, WTF? :lol::facepalm:

To start with, I'm amazed someone actually bought one of those {censored}ing things in the first place. :o Why he thought he could offload it on to me I've got no {censored}ing idea. :mad:

• Members
I feel ya. I've lowered a MINT Vox AC15C1 to $450 from the $599 new price, and when I get something set up, they "suddenly can't meet" or say "my tax return didn't come in today, and you've waited long enough" and never e-mail back. I'm tired of chasing people down. Bull.

ah, you're the one. I've been trying to figure out who that was earlier today b/c I knew that craigslist ad looked really familiar. :lol:
Hope your luck changes. Selling stuff sucks.

• Members
I feel ya. I've lowered a MINT Vox AC15C1 to $450 from the $599 new price, and when I get something set up, they "suddenly can't meet" or say "my tax return didn't come in today, and you've waited long enough" and never e-mail back. I'm tired of chasing people down. Bull.

Yeah, I was trying to sell this a while ago but gave up. Sold most of my other stuff that I was trying to, but everyone was trying to lowball me on this guitar. :mad:

Only got offers coz I offered it up for trade for an old hollowbody in a thread somewhere and other people saw it. Obviously that hollowbody trade deal fell through too coz the guy decided to keep it. :mad:

• Members
ah, you're the one. I've been trying to figure out who that was earlier today b/c I knew that craigslist ad looked really familiar.
:lol:
Hope your luck changes. Selling stuff sucks.

Hey, man - if you know anyone that'd be interested, would you mind shopping it around for me? I'm also up for amp trades, and wouldn't mind delivering it straight to someone's door. I live in Shelby.:thu:

• Members

I no longer hold anything for anyone. I tell people who email me about {censored} I have for sale that the first sane person who shows up at my front door with cash wins. If you want it, come over NOW. I try to list stuff on Friday, so I can be around for Friday night/Saturday morning to be there to make the deal. This seems to get rid of a lot of the time wasters/tire kickers.

• Members
Hey, man - if you know anyone that'd be interested, would you mind shopping it around for me? I'm also up for amp trades, and wouldn't mind delivering it straight to someone's door. I live in Shelby.
:thu:

sure thing. I wish an AC15 were what I was currently looking for, cause I woulda bought it. :facepalm:
I'll keep an eye out, cause it's a good price you've got on it.

• Members
I no longer hold anything for anyone. I tell people who email me about {censored} I have for sale that the first sane person who shows up at my front door with cash wins. If you want it, come over NOW. I try to list stuff on Friday, so I can be around for Friday night/Saturday morning to be there to make the deal. This seems to get rid of a lot of the time wasters/tire kickers.

Yeah, normally I don't really do it, and after this I definitely won't be. In this case though, I wasn't really actively trying to sell it anyway, and didn't expect anyone else looking for one would happen to see me mention it in an unrelated thread. :idk:

• Members

Long story short I was going through a pretty tough period a couple years ago and something came up so I needed money quick and I decided to sell my 4x12 mesa recto cab. The thing was only about 6 months old and had never seen the light of day (aside from me bringing it home from the store). It was in mint condition, {censored}, it wasn't even broken in yet. I needed the money really fast so I posted an ad asking $500 for it :facepalm:

Anyways within minutes of the ad going up some guy called me and said he'd take it but the only problem was he didn't have a vehicle (another piss off when trying to sell anything). Turns out he only lived 3 or 4 blocks away from my work where I was going anyway later that night so I said I'd drop it off when I go to work. GREAT! I sold my cab, had the money I needed, all in just a few minutes.

So I lugged this cab up 20 stairs from my basement then down 20 stairs to my driveway and jammed the thing in the back of my car and head off to the guys house. When I get there I ring the guys doorbell, and wait, and wait, and wait... nothing. He wasn't home. I call him up and he says he had to run to the bank to grab my money and he'll be back in a minute. I wait around this guys {censored} hole alley driveway in the pitch black for about 15 minutes waiting for him to get back from the bank.

When he gets back we pull the cab out of my car and he looks it over then hands me the money, I count it, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. There's only $450 dollars there, and he has the balls to tell me that's all the bank would let him take out. At this point I was so raging mad at the whole situation I told him to go {censored} himself and kept the cab. :mad::mad::mad:

After that whole situation I swore to myself that no matter bad I need money I'll never sell another piece of gear to pay off bills and if I ever do sell gear I'll never go out of my way to accommodate a buyer.

• Members

I hate it too. I still have eight mint-condition speakers for sale and not one bite yet. I even tried going to pawn shops but they won't accept guitar speakers no matter how good they are. Yet they got bits and pieces and parts of motorbikes all over the place.

• Members

The other thing about the guy in my original post is, he says just got the Zoot Suit. Why the {censored} did you go buy another guitar (and a {censored}ing hideous one at that) that you're gonna try trade for the one you were originally going to buy anyway?! Why not just give me that {censored}ing money and I'll give you the {censored}ing guitar?!?! :mad:

... the {censored} is wrong with people?!?! :freak::mad:

Archived