Vid of my AxeFx Ultra > Vht/Fryette 2/90/2 > Mesa 4x12 rig

biggness

• Members

I received my Fryette 2/90/2 power amp the other day, from Nick/Zimbloth at The Axe Palace.(amazing guy to deal with, I recommend anyone in need of gear to contact him first ) I decided to throw together a quick video, but soon realized that capturing the tone in the room with a Macbook Pro's built in mic, well, is rather hard. But alas, here is the vid anyways, which has ton's of sloppy mistakes. I guess it is time for me to finally breakdown and buy a decent mic and recording interface.

The amp model used is the FAS Modern, with a TS808 upfront, power amp sims on/cab sims off. The song played, just a collection of random riffs, nothing fancy. I also used my bone stock Ibanez rg7621 tuned to B standard. As soon as I get a new mic and such, I'll post some awesomer vids/clips, till then, this will have to do. :(

[YOUTUBE]lAleRZw2kcM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Adam Denoth and Ira Nelson. You know em? Adam works at Tonefactor. These days they are playing together in a band called Defy The Way.

We actually played a show together a few weeks ago in Sleazeville
:D

Haha. I actually used to be in a band with Ira called "So None Shall Perish" about a year or so, I guess. Small world, eh?

• Members
That's cool as hell man!!

How long have you been having the Axe? You digging it? I would love to try one
:rawk:

Yeah, pretty cool. I have had the Axe since about July of 09. You are more than welcome to come check it out if you want. :cool:

• Members

With that poweramp you should try and run with the PA sims off. You'll get more natural feedback etc :)

Cool stuff dude. That poweramp sounds great with the AxeFx. I used it for awhile (actually I used the 2/502...duh)

Mark

• Members
With that poweramp you should try and run with the PA sims off. You'll get more natural feedback etc
:)

Cool stuff dude. That poweramp sounds great with the AxeFx. I used it for awhile (actually I used the 2/502...duh)

Mark

Hey Mark, thanks for the tip. :) I love your vids man. I have tried it without the PA sims and it does sound good, but I find that the 2/90/2, with it's kt88s, is a clean enough power section not to color the tone too much. It still adds some color, but it's adjustable, with the pres and depth controls. haha I am coming from using the Art SLA2 and I find the Fryette to be worlds better, IMO.

• Members
Pretty good, I personally would use more sag but if you are into that super tight sound it works nicely.

I actually dialed up a "chewier" tone earlier. It's the Recto Orange model with some slight compression up front. Works and feels really good. :D

[YOUTUBE]EVPmFfnItZs[/YOUTUBE]

Archived