orange ppc 2x12 Vs Marhsall 1936

crazyfool001

• Members

I am thinkin of upgrading my marshall 1936 and have considered and orange 2x12 cab. looking at them though, the open back is a lot cheaper and I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them, would I be better putting v30s in the Marshall or is the Orange really good? I know the closed backs sound very nice...

• Members

Orange is built a 1000x better than any current production 1936.

this, but I've never had any problems with ANY of marshall's build quality. they don't just {censored}ing fall apart like so many people seem to think. thanks, internet. Difference in sound is subjective, as the 1936 has 75s while the orange has V30s. Even if you put V30s in the 36, it'd still sound different. Not necessarily better, different.

• Members

Orange is better, yes but alot more expensive also it's a 75 vs V30 question really when it comes to tone. I've had two marshall cabs, my current one is a 1936, no worries about build quallity, I'm not gonna be dropping it down the stairs and it won't break unless I do something similar to that.

I wouldn't call it much of a cab upgrade if the other option is buying V30s and selling your 75s. The Orange cab will sound different, yeah. I've never played an Orange cab so I won't comment on tone.

EDIT: I bought my 1936 used and it's a 90s (?) cab that's built out of different materials to the current ones (Mine's not MDF)

• Members

what head? what do you play? blah blah blah

i've owned a marshall 1960a, and I currently own an orange ppc 412

i've played through 2 marshall cabs, 2 orange cabs, emperor cabs, mesa's, kranks... and i liked the orange and emperor cabs best. The orange had the best tone, it's just a little directional. Emperor sounded similar to the orange, but huge projection.

Orange>Marshall imo

• Members

The Orange is a good cab and its less directional than the 1936. The Reason the open back ones are cheaper is because theyre much smaller, they're designed to be used as a match to the orange combo amps and their heads not full size heads.

The whole 1936 are crap myth is just silly, i've owned both ply and mdf 1936 cabs and at gig volumes you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference. The 1936 sounds good with v30's, but i preferred it with k100's, they just sounded a bit more balanced.

Archived