Seymour Duncan Blackouts neck pickup

sneakerpimp

• Members

someone (atrox) recently posted that this pickup has a sparkly sound, can anyone else back this up?

i currently have 81/85s with 18v mod and 85 in the bridge position. i love the 85 at the bridge and my metal sound is now dialed in, but the 81 to me sounds like {censored} in either position and renders the neck position pretty much useless so i'm looking for a new neck pickup.

EMGs and SDBOs have the same connector, correct?

will the blackouts work on 18 volts?

is there a difference in buying a bridge pickup and using it at the neck in case i change my mind or do i really need to buy the bridge version?

i play metal, classic rock and modern rock.

thanks in advance.

• Members

someone (atrox) recently posted that this pickup has a sparkly sound, can anyone else back this up?

i currently have 81/85s with 18v mod and 85 in the bridge position. i love the 85 at the bridge and my metal sound is now dialed in, but the 81 to me sounds like {censored} in either position and renders the neck position pretty much useless so i'm looking for a new neck pickup.

EMGs and SDBOs have the same connector, correct?

will the blackouts work on 18 volts?

is there a difference in buying a bridge pickup and using it at the neck in case i change my mind or do i really need to buy the bridge version?

i play metal, classic rock and modern rock.

thanks in advance.

Here is the video demo i made. A bunch of awful repetitive riffs. You get some gain stuff at the end.

I really liked the neck pickup a lot. This is a clients guitar. SD's have the same connector and they will accept 18 volt mods, but I have not heard them with that mod.

[YOUTUBE]Uq-vB_Z7QWU[/YOUTUBE]

Archived