1/4 cable to parallel speaker clamps question

serolF

• Members

Where can I find a cable similar to the link, but different (see below explanation).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200306182288

Instead of the female ends at the end of the split, I'm looking for a cable that has tips that attach to the speaker. It's kind of hard to explain.

My current setup is, I'm using a Peavey Valve King 212 as a cabinet and another amp's preamp. The speakers for the VK are 16 ohm and are run in parallel. There's a cable that bridges the two 16ohm speakers into 8ohms. That parallel cable's end is a 1/4 tip that usually feeds into the power/preamp of the amp - That's the cable I need, but longer.

The one that I have is only about 12 inches. Leaves very little room.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about and where to buy one?:confused:

• Members
Where can I find a cable similar to the link, but different (see below explanation).

Instead of the female ends at the end of the split, I'm looking for a cable that has tips that attach to the speaker. It's kind of hard to explain.

My current setup is, I'm using a Peavey Valve King 212 as a cabinet and another amp's preamp. The speakers for the VK are 16 ohm and are run in parallel. There's a cable that bridges the two 16ohm speakers into 8ohms. That parallel cable's end is a 1/4 tip that usually feeds into the power/preamp of the amp - That's the cable I need, but longer.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about and where to buy one?
:confused:

Make it yourself. Go to radio shack and get some crimping spade connectors.

• Members

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about and where to buy one?
:confused:

Another idea would be to get a male to male 1/4, and then get another speaker cable.

• Members

Another idea would be to get a male to male 1/4, and then get another speaker cable.

I think I see what you're saying, but the parallel bridge cable is what is fed into the Peavey's power section. So if I were to bridge the two speakers together with another speaker wire, there wouldn't be a way to feed the other preamp into VK's speakers. I'm not using the Peavey's electronics at all and am completely bypassing them. I'll have to take some pictures of the cable; maybe that would help. I've searched on Google, but don't know the name of the cable, so no luck.

It's like a 1/4 y cable.

Archived