I forgot how much I love the Peavey Ultra Plus

MattACaster

• Members

Was at band practice last night after a 2 week break. After putting my rig back together I wasn't getting any sound so I started switching out cables and everything I could think of. By the end of it all I ended up finding out that may cab was the issue. But after all that I pretty much had my drummers rig setup so I just went with that. It was his Peavey Ultra Plus into a killer homemade 4x12 loaded with V30s.

I totally forgot how much I love this amp. It just fit so well in the mix. Last night I really only used the yellow channel but thats really all I needed. It seems to embody all the things I like about the 5150s and Triple XXX. The only thing I hate is the footswitch. The damn buttons are too close together. I can't wear shoes when I'm using it. Even with my Chuck's I still end up hitting buttons I don't mean too.

Anyway, after practice I would shut up about how much I love it so the drummer offered it to me for $350. This is awesome because thats the price I paid for the one I used to have and his has new tubes in it too (SED 6L6GCs and Tung-Sols)!

I think I might have to pick it up. Then I need to find a way to solve that foot switch issue.

Enough talk. Here is the one I used to have. :thu:

room.jpg

• Members

U2 posters?...........

...... and Kurt Cobain?

....... Really?

:cop:

:p

Its funny i have ALWAYS wanted to try one of those amps out, heard some good things about them. Send us some clips when u can!

:idea:

• Members

U2 posters?...........

...... and Kurt Cobain?

....... Really?

:cop:

:p

Its funny i have ALWAYS wanted to try one of those amps out, heard some good things about them. Send us some clips when u can!

:idea:

Really. :wave:

They really are killer amps, especially for the price. Built like tanks too. I'll see what I can do about clips. :thu:

• Members

Love 'em. One of my favorite high gain amps.

There's a company that makes replacement footswitches for just about everything, but of course I can't remember their name now.

Voodoo Man?

Yeah the Ultras kick {censored}ing ass. My Prowler is sort of a mini Ultra and I

• Members

Love 'em. One of my favorite high gain amps.

There's a company that makes replacement footswitches for just about everything, but of course I can't remember their name now.

I just checked the VoodooMan website. They really expanded the line and have exactly what I'm looking for!

http://voodoomanswitches.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,113/category_id,12/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/

• Members

I just checked the VoodooMan website. They really expanded the line and have exactly what I'm looking for!

http://voodoomanswitches.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,113/category_id,12/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/

Good deal, I {censored}ing paid something like $75+shipping for the one I got from Peavey a few years ago. :mad:

• Members

The folks at the Peavey forum have nothing good to say about voodooman. Supposedly he makes good switches, but apparently it's a matter of when/if you get it. :idk: No personal experience, though. I know it's the same story trying to get one from Peavey though.

• Members

The folks at the Peavey forum have nothing good to say about voodooman. Supposedly he makes good switches, but apparently it's a matter of when/if you get it.
:idk:
No personal experience, though. I know it's the same story trying to get one from Peavey though.

I've heard that. My g/f has one of their switches for her Valveking. The switch is solid but it took forever to get.

I'm not sure what other options there are, however. The amp is next to useless too me unless I can get a different footswitch.

• Members

I've heard that. My g/f has one of their switches for her Valveking. The switch is solid but it took forever to get.

I'm not sure what other options there are, however. The amp is next to useless too me unless I can get a different footswitch.

I feel your pain. I love the hell out of my Triumph, but the footswitch is very similar. Gotta turn my foot to the side to hit the buttons. :mad:

• Members

I feel your pain. I love the hell out of my Triumph, but the footswitch is very similar. Gotta turn my foot to the side to hit the buttons.
:mad:

Same here. I have to you my big toe to switch between the clean and crunch channels on the Ultra. The damn button is in the center. :mad:

Archived