new order day!

the_bleeding

• Members

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

got my rma back on thursday, rebuilt the computer ever so slowly thursday night, and then fired it up today (friday) after work, and BAM its glorious.

Walkthrough of the upgrades:

Asus P6X58D-E

Intel I7 930 @ 2.8ghz

Patriot Viper 3 channel 1600mhz DDR3 ram

Fractal Design Define R2 case

For the motherboard, it came with some sweet toys. Namely, it supports its own program for measuring live fan speeds, temperatures, and board voltages. So i can tell you right now that with the stock cooler, the processor runs around 36 degrees C when idle with the door open, around 48-40 with the door close (you'll see what i'm talking about), and 60-ish when i play battlefield BC2 for a few hours, door open. Also it has its own onboard power light... and ram overvolt button (if you want to use it with ddr2)... and cmos clear button.

As for performance, in BC2, when i die, its not because of frame dropping or bad graphics, its because of actual response lag! Oh and my ping dropped 100ms. Yeah, its awesome. No jitter or frame dropping at all anymore.

And now for gratuitous photos

Case: Blue light is the power light AND the harddrive light. Either i plugged it in wrong, or it indeed was part of the design. I love it. Ps, it was a bitch to catch it when it was on

IMG_0034.jpg

No cd drive you say? Just wait... a door!

IMG_0036.jpg

what are those grills? Push them and they pop out to be FAN DOORS! (i used a flashlight for this, thus the white-led hue)

IMG_0038.jpg

Inside. Case came with white fans and harddrive racks. The black dots on the racks are rubber grommets so your harddrives dont make any noise :D

Look at that delicious cable management (except for CPU power - it wasn;t long enough to go behind). And no, its not a modular power supply :(. But i have that lovely space to stick my medusa head of wires.

IMG_0045.jpg

Processor detail. If you know what Core2 heatsinks look like in comparison to ram, you'll realize that HOLY {censored} thats a huge stock heatsink. HUEG.

IMG_0043.jpg

Last but not least, the case side panel. Yes, it came with all of that sound insulating foam. I used a pallet knife to scrape it off the other panel because it was too hard to get it ontop of all the wires i hid back there.

IMG_0046.jpg

Mobo mounted power button. Makes things so much easier when testing.

IMG_0041.jpg

• Members
For seriously??

http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

yeah i was suprised how big they were for how crap they looked too :poke:

i'll fix em

so i resized them in photobucket, but photobucket hasnt finished processing em, so just wait a bit :)

I feel i should also add this here.

Future upgrades (in likely order):
Thermalright Venomous heatsink
an SSD
Corsair professional 1000 watt (blue to match the colour scheme ;))
GTX470

Archived