V30 Speakers

snowaie

• Members

Thinking about eventually replacing my Blackstar HT-20 with a new speaker. Have always heard good things about these speakers, mid rangey etc . . . Are these heavy? I want to hear what they're like and how they'd shape my tone different, etc. I appreciate responses, thanks.

Will

Not to make it a horrible thread:

de2baa90.jpg

• Members

They will sound higher gain than most stock speakers. They bring out that blistering high mids to the sound like no other speaker out there. They do weigh quite a bit too, but I'd say they are on par with most aftermarket speakers.

• Members

The vintage 30 has defined the hard rock sound for quite some time. I'd give the WGS Veteran 30 a look. It's basically the same thing but for less money:thu:

If you want teh same high mids of the V30, get the WGS Retro 30. The veteran 30 was meant to tame that harsh high mid.

-D

• Members

How much bass can V30s handle? I have them in my Orange cab and typically don't use a lot of bass in my sound, but how much can they take before they start to flub out? I've heard mixed responses.

Speaker cab construction and power handling of your amp are the two things that will influence the "flub". If you amp is tight sounding at low volumes that is.

Idealy, you want a sealed closed-back cab, and not expect to dime the bass and the master volume together.

-D

• Members

It is supposed to be a dark amp so maybe the T-75/K100 variation. But then again why not a classic lead 80?

Something with a good treble response.

For the v30's I love how they come to life in high volumes. Then again the way we hear things changes at high volumes. I really can't imagine my cabs without v30's but I think another speaker is also a great idea to give more extended range in a 2x12 or X pattern in a 4x12.

Archived