rack case on top of tube amp

mdd30

• Members

I have a Laney LC50 combo amp, and a rackmount wireless, which is currently mounted in the bass players rack case (we're always right next to each other). Eventually, he's going to be switching amps, and I would like to keep my wireless receiver in a case. Is it a bad idea to get a case that would cover the vent in the top of the amp? It's a tube amp, but it's also open back. I would make sure the rack had feet on it, so it wouldn't be sitting directly on the vent. Anyone else have the same concerns, or am I just thinking too much?

• Members

I have a Laney LC50 combo amp, and a rackmount wireless, which is currently mounted in the bass players rack case (we're always right next to each other). Eventually, he's going to be switching amps, and I would like to keep my wireless receiver in a case. Is it a bad idea to get a case that would cover the vent in the top of the amp? It's a tube amp, but it's also open back. I would make sure the rack had feet on it, so it wouldn't be sitting directly on the vent. Anyone else have the same concerns, or am I just thinking too much?

don't worry about it. Many amps don't even have a vent on top.

It's cool to have feet on your rack case the are tall enough to raise the rack over the amp handle (or the rack won't balance properly on top of the amp). Aside from that, it's a non-issue.

• Members

It's fine. I routinely gig with the nitro and titan (each of which have a vent on the top) with this sitting on top covering the vent without any issues.

We actually played from roughly 9pm ~ 2 am with a couple of set breaks on friday night in a big 2 story brick warehouse type building (100 year old brewery) that the AC was broke. Hot doesn't even begin to describe that place... They sold an epic amount of ice cold beer though :lol:

But yeah the amps were totally fine.

I've also played a couple of outdoor gigs in direct sunlight in 100+ *F heat with no issues aside from being devastatingly hot and miserable. :cry: The amps weren't - thank goodness.

They cope with heat much better than we give them credit for...it's wet stuff they tend to not like...

Archived