Orange Tiny Terror vs Blackstar HT-5H

tobyyy6

• Members

I own both of them. To me TT is better for clean to crunch sounds and the HT-5 for higher gain stuff. But you'll have to try them out yourself...

Also there's a {censored}load of small and affordable tube amps avible so maybe take a trip to the local shop and try a buch of them?

• Members

Yeah I think trying them is the best, & I have a Marshall 4x12, & I just want to use them at home for practice, so I don't have to play as loudly. Thanks for the help (:

If you want more classic sounds I would go TT, it has a very nice mid structure. As said above for more modern high gain sounds the HT5 rules. I used to have an HT5 which I traded for a TT.

I want the HT5 back :facepalm:

• Members

The biggest advantage teh HT-5 has over most all the other amps is an effects loop and 2 distinct channels. I was hating the clean channel until the other day when I played in a small room and got a chance to hear the tones. Not Fender clean but very usable. The gain channel destroys all the other small watters.

• Members

I really love my Terror. It sounds AWESOME with my Musket at a nice medium, breakup volume. And if you get a chance to crank it, the gain on it sounds awesome. Low volumes with high distortion are fizzy/mushy but once you turn up the volume it tightens up beautifully and kills for hard rock and some metal.

• Members

In with the obligatory JCA20H shout out. I love the TT but, in the end, prefer the JCA20H. The basic sound just puts a smile on my face. Add the Hyper Pak for a little dirt or the OCD for true distortion. Can't say enough about it. But I'll stop now anyways.

Archived