Fender Cyber Twin

StevePage

• Members

I've heard mixed things about them. On one side they're great and on the other they're lifeless.

I some one play one years ago and I quite liked the tone but I've not heard much recently.

The only things I'm also considering is a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo or a used Bogner Alchemist.

• Members

Honestly, I really did not care for the ones I played, or others played. they do not react to picking very well, and not one of the better modelers out there. There are lots of great options out there. Check out Jet City, Blackstar, even an older silver face twin, or Pro Reverb. The Cybertwins are pricey, and really the best choice out there. Just my opinion. What music are you playing? Do you need onbard reverb, and how loud do you play?

• Members

Well I've been playing the typical chug chug metal stuff for years but I'm tired of it and it just doesn't inspire me to play anymore. So I'm looking to go in a different direction with my playing towards something more ambient (like Devin Townsends less heavy stuff) and also something more Harmonically interesting (think Robbern Ford mixed with Eric Johnson).

So a good warm clean tone with a smooth overdrive to a clear distortion that isn't over the top. Reverb would be nice and something that can handle live band situations as well as sound good at low volumes for when I teach.

I would stick with the JVM, but it's clean tone is a bit dull and a bit too much to carry around easily.

Budget is

• Members
Well I've been playing the typical chug chug metal stuff for years but I'm tired of it and it just doesn't inspire me to play anymore. So I'm looking to go in a different direction with my playing towards something more ambient (like Devin Townsends less heavy stuff) and also something more Harmonically interesting (think Robbern Ford mixed with Eric Johnson).

So a good warm clean tone with a smooth overdrive to a clear distortion that isn't over the top. Reverb would be nice and something that can handle live band situations as well as sound good at low volumes for when I teach.

I would stick with the JVM, but it's clean tone is a bit dull and a bit too much to carry around easily.

Budget is

Archived