Social Distortion Rig Rundown

Oddball

• Members

Nice rig run down. Good luck getting an old bassman modded like Mikes though.

It's not too difficult. The channels are jumped internally and there is a slight mid shift of the bass channel. My buddy has one modded to Mike's specs by Billy Zoom who actually did Mike's.

Sounds killer!!!

EDIT: Looks like Mike switched it up and isn't using the Zoom anymore. Interesting...

• Members

I never understood Social D. All of the tunes sound the same to me. Can someone suggest a CD for a Social D newb that I can download from Amazon today? I will give it a few spins to see if I can get it to sink in.

White Light, White Heat, White Trash or Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell.

But I really recommend WLWHWT. Thats what got me into SxDx.

• Members

Somewhere Between Heave and Hell is a pretty phenomenal record, it's one of those albums that I just never get tired of. I'd definitely check it out.

I could plug into Mike or Jonny's rig and do anything I'd ever need to do.

It's hard to beat that cranked Bassman sound. I don't play mine nearly enough. :facepalm:

..and I need to drop some Duncans in my LP Gem. :rawk:

• Members

I never understood Social D. All of the tunes sound the same to me. Can someone suggest a CD for a Social D newb that I can download from Amazon today? I will give it a few spins to see if I can get it to sink in.

I personally like Sex, Love, and Rock 'n Roll and the self titled album more than Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell, but you really can't go wrong with any of their albums. I do agree with Matt, White Light, White Heat, White Trash is a good album to start with if you aren't too familiar with Social D.

• Members

I personally like
Sex, Love, and Rock 'n Roll
and the self titled album more than
Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
, but you really can't go wrong with any of their albums. I do agree with
Matt,
White
Light, White Heat, White Trash
is a good album to start with if you aren't too familiar with Social D.

Thats {censored}ing funny... because thats my name. :lol:

• Members

Live at the Roxy sums them up the best imo. They're great live and that album has most of their best work. I usually catch them every time they're back home and play at the house of blues, one of my favorite bands.

• Members

Live at the Roxy sums them up the best imo. They're great live and that album has most of their best work. I usually catch them every time they're back home and play at the house of blues, one of my favorite bands.

Forgot about the Roxy album. Thats a great one too.

I got a great boot from '04 if anyone is interested.

• Members

Thats {censored}ing funny... because thats my name.
:lol:

:thu:

I can't wait until they come to Houston in November. They are playing the House of Blues here with Lucero (another awesome band :love:). I already got my tickets :rawk:

I haven't seen Social D live before. I've been a fan for over a decade and have yet to see them at a show. Of course, they only come to Houston like once a leap year:cry:

• Members

I can't wait until they come to Houston in November. They are playing the House of Blues here with Lucero (another awesome band
:love:
). I already got my tickets
:rawk:

I haven't seen Social D live before. I've been a fan for over a decade and have yet to see them at a show. Of course, they only come to Houston like once a leap year:cry:

You should come up to Chicago. They're playing HoB on my b-day!!! Already got my tickets!!! :thu::thu::thu:

• Members

Forgot about the Roxy album. Thats a great one too.

I got a great boot from '04 if anyone is interested.

Was that when they toured with Matt Freeman on bass?

A buddy of mine saw that show here in Indy at the Murat.

I liiiiiike Social D, but not love. My gripe is their tempos. I think it's usually a touch slow for teh punx. I like simple/raw sounding music, I also enjoy slow music, but to me if its gonna be slow, it should have a little more. Reggae etc.. If it's gonna be simple and raw, it should be a little faster like the Ramones or something.

One of the versions of 1945 on the "mainliner" ep is great, but then I hear prison bound or something and just get bored. It's so slight too, juuuuuuuuuust a touch too slow usually. They're definitely cool guys though.

That's just me though.

Compared to album speed, how's the speed in '04? Maybe I'd like it.

Now, go get your little {censored} pierced, and some crazy color for your hair. :)

• Members

Was that when they toured with Matt Freeman on bass?

A buddy of mine saw that show here in Indy at the Murat.

I
liiiiiike
Social D, but not love. My gripe is their tempos. I think it's usually a touch slow for teh punx. I like simple/raw sounding music, I also enjoy slow music, but to me if its gonna be slow, it should have a little more. Reggae etc.. If it's gonna be simple and raw, it should be a little faster like the Ramones or something.

One of the versions of 1945 on the "mainliner" ep is great, but then I hear prison bound or something and just get bored. It's so slight too, juuuuuuuuuust a touch too slow usually. They're definitely cool guys though.

That's just me though.

Compared to album speed, how's the speed in '04? Maybe I'd like it.

Now, go get your little {censored} pierced, and some crazy color for your hair.
:)

I think '04 was still John Mauer.

If the Mainliner tempos are what you are after then I think the '04 show wouldn't be what you are looking for,

• Members

I can't wait until they come to Houston in November. They are playing the House of Blues here with Lucero (another awesome band
:love:
). I already got my tickets
:rawk:

I haven't seen Social D live before. I've been a fan for over a decade and have yet to see them at a show. Of course, hey only come to Houston like once a leap year:cry:

You've never seen them live?...you're gonna love it. Have a great time.

• Members

You've never seen them live?...you're gonna love it. Have a great time.

This. I've seen Social D live more than any other band and every single show has been killer. My only complaint is that they seem to ignore the White Light album these days. :cry::cry:

I want to hear Dear Lover live, dammit! :mad:

Archived