HC Sale Problem: How should I handle this

Ballsagne

• Members

That's why selling on the net sucks. I'm a much bigger fan of craigslist deals.

Both dudes meet in a parking lot with friends, check it out, pay cash, see you later.

Obviously, an amp would be difficult, I'm sure there's a starbucks with an outlet you use for 2 minutes.

• Members
If he does not send the unit back, and therefore I send no money back, what kind of trouble could I be looking at? Forgive me for bumping this a lot, but I just get really paranoid with stuff like this. FWIW I have several references on here as both a buyer and a seller, and I also have 2 ebay accounts (lminerv and nminerv) which are flawless as both a buyer and a seller. I have sold things as expensive as USA Jacksons and an ENGL SE as well as stuff as cheap as pickups, so I cannot see a reason why this one time on this one unit Im looking to rip a guy off. Im not outright accusing this guy of trying to scam me, but I know one technique scammers use is to try to make the other person feel like the scammer so they fall into the trap. It does seem like he is doing this as he has avoided most conversation regarding solving the problem unless it had to do with me refunding first which I will not do.

Thank you guys so much for the feedback thus far I really feel a lot better knowing that I am taking reasonable steps here

I got your back :) Dunno how much I can help but you were quite a pleasure to deal with on your SE!

• Members

New Updates: He has made me a video of him plugging in/trying to use the G-Force with it not working and as far as I could tell it looked legitimate (I should still have it around somewhere so I can PM it to those interested) and he said he would ship today (which I mentioned above). I PMd him earlier today asking if he shipped and for a tracking number etc. He says he shipped it USPS and there is no tracking number, so I replied asking "will there at least be some sort of delivery confirmation or is this just going to show up at my door" which I am awaiting an answer for. Im just afraid of nothing showing up, but him saying I should have gotten it so I should send him the money

• Members

I wish I took down a Serial Number at this point... but Im about 99% sure I would recognize some of the rackwear on it. As long as I get something that I could, after hopefully minimal repair, put back on the market or just keep and use. My biggest worry is ending up with nothing. Ive kinda been a pessimist the whole way to be honest. Are you suggesting that maybe he already had a G-Force that did not work, so is using this sort of scheme to replace it with mine which did at no cost to him? I never thought of it that way, but now Im more paranoid lol

• Members

I PMd him earlier today to make sure he included my manual (which required nearly an entire printer worth of ink to print out) and power cord with the G-Force he shipped yesterday. I got no response regarding this, and I still do not like that he went with USPS which has no form of tracking and has not acknowledged if there was some sort of delivery confirmation (or anything that could prove that he actually shipped it to me)

I know it has only been like a day since the last time he has communicated with me, but when I was the buyer with the ebay problem I was on the computer all day making sure things were straightened out and now as the seller I am doing the same. I understand that people have lives but this is an expensive piece of equipment and I would think that if there is a problem with the transaction both parties should be working around the clock to fix it in a way that we both leave satisfied

• Members

Ok apparently there was a mix up with the shipping (something like our addresses were in the wrong places), so it has today been shipped. Sounds strange, but on the bright side there is now delivery confirmation which means I was able to track it and expect it one week from today

• Members

thats the exact logic I was thinking. He in the initial message he said that everything appears fine and it just does not work. So there at least we established that there is a G-Force and it did not show up sawed in half lol. I asked him to clarify the problem and he says that it just does not turn on even though
he has tried several power cords
. These units just turn on automatically when they are plugged in so if that is really what is wrong that should not be user error (though it was not like that when I sent it out). I asked him if he could somehow show me (perhaps video via digial camera) the unit not working, but even if not I said I would refund after he sent it back. If he could show me the unit not working I also offered to pay for the repair instead if he still wanted the G-Force

I know nothing about these things, please tell me that it uses a standard computer-type power cord, not a wall wart or some other device that could've fried the unit if he were being an idiot and plugging in something that could be way too hot.

• Members

Things like this happen from time to time. Would've been nice if it was just the switch issue. I know I had sold a Mark IV one time, the guy got it and immediately started emailing me all pissed off that there was no sound and he wanted a refund. I knew it was working like a champ when I had it, but I told him to swap out tubes.

Still didn't work and he was still pissed and threatening me with legal action...blah blah blah. I told him to make sure the output knob wasn't pulled out (pulled out is silent recording--no sound to speakers).

Never heard from him again.

:facepalm:

• Members
Things like this happen from time to time. Would've been nice if it was just the switch issue. I know I had sold a Mark IV one time, the guy got it and immediately started emailing me all pissed off that there was no sound and he wanted a refund. I knew it was working like a champ when I had it, but I told him to swap out tubes.

Still didn't work and he was still pissed and threatening me with legal action...blah blah blah. I told him to make sure the output knob wasn't pulled out (pulled out is silent recording--no sound to speakers).

Never heard from him again.

:facepalm:

LMFAO! Idiot couldn't have just downloaded the manual from Mesa before going off about legal action and {censored}?! :lol:

• Members
LMFAO! Idiot couldn't have just downloaded the manual from Mesa before going off about legal action and {censored}?!
:lol:

Thats like the Heartbreaker... the mid knob turns into a boost so if you start trying to dial in your tone, all the sudden it gets gritty.... you'd pull a "WTF DUDE" then you would read the manual.......:facepalm:

• Members

The G-Force came in today (actually 2 days sooner than I initially thought since I only tracked it that 1st day) and as far as I can tell it does look like mine. Even if it isnt that is probably my own fault for not keeping better records. The only problem is that the power cord was not in the box with it. I sent him a message requesting that a cord (preferably mine but that probably wouldnt matter) be shipped, and I would send him the money when I see a tracking number. Im not going to make him wait another week for a refund just on a cord, but I do want to at least see that one is coming (when he bought the G-Force there was a cord so I figure when I buy it back there should also be one).

I did figure out a way I can know absolutely for sure if this is my unit or not. Unless there is some way that fixing the unit is going to reset it to factory settings, my user presets (all 2 of them 1 of which is set to bypass lol) will still be on there. Obviously as far as people on here would be concerned that would just be a matter of my word against someone else's but at least I would know, and should the worse suspicions be true that would at least be enough to convince me not to sell online anymore.

Archived