Effects Loop question

moonstone

• Members

I would like to put something in my effects loop to act as a solo volume boost. Problem is the loop dosn't have a footswitch to turn the loop on/off. I really don't want to add 20 feet of cable to my signal path just for the ability to control the ON/OFF via the effect. Anyone know of a way around this?

• Members

A lot of amps dont have an on/off footswitch for the loop.

Because the pedals that go in there tend to. :idk:

I don't even see where there is an issue here??

Aaaannnnnndddddd

I have just re-read the OP.

:o

That device seems like a winner.

Although I don't notice any tone suckage with my loops. A good loop and good cables are your friend.

• Members

Another option would be (if your handy with a soldering iron), buy a boost pedal, preferably one with a mechanical on/off foot switch (as opposed to the Boss type), remove the foot switch and mount it in a small enclose. Buy 20 feet of 2 conductor wire, connect the remote foot switch back to the effect which is now sitting on top of your amp connected with short cables. Get the idea?

• Members
Another option would be (if your handy with a soldering iron), buy a boost pedal, preferably one with a mechanical on/off foot switch (as opposed to the Boss type), remove the foot switch and mount it in a small enclose. Buy 20 feet of 2 conductor wire, connect the remote foot switch back to the effect which is now sitting on top of your amp connected with short cables. Get the idea?

This is also a {censored}ing great idea. :thu:

Archived