What are some cool songs with easy riffs?

Ovid9

• Members

Ok, I'm fiddling around tonight learning "Iron Man." Its lots of fun, sounds awesome, and though I'm still butchering it, not all that hard to play really. (Not counting solos. I have no skillz, none at all. :( )

What are some other popular rock/metal songs with killer riffs a noob can learn to work on his skills?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was all like a spoof thing right? Not like...for real. Right............

Also, I will take into consideration the above mentioned stuff. I was fiddling around with Clutch's "Mob Goes Wild" the other day too.

This whole "practice to get beyond basic noob ass suckery" thing is hard. :facepalm:

• Members

Twist of Cain

Back in Black

Whole Lotta Rosie

Heartbreaker

Symptom of the Universe

Promoter (of Earthbound Causes)

The Regulator

{censored}, just about any Sabbath, Clutch, AC/DC, or Zep song will fit the bill.

I've still have yet to hear someone get the little bendy lick on the turnaround right. :lol::facepalm:

• Members

I've still have yet to hear someone get the little bendy lick on the turnaround right.
:lol::facepalm:

Yeah, I saw the tab for BIB, thought "Damn, that looks fairly simple" I have NO FREAKING CLUE HOW TO PLAY THAT SWEET LITTLE LICK HE PLAYS!

NO CLUE!!! EVERY WAY I HAVE TRIED SOUNDS COMPLETELY HORRIBLE AND WRONG!

Ahem. Thanks guys. I'm having fun here. :D

• Members

I've still have yet to hear someone get the little bendy lick on the turnaround right.
:lol::facepalm:

I seriously can't do it.....I mean, it sounds so simple, but there's something in there that I can't grasp :facepalm:

Also, The Offspring: Low Self-Esteem

• Members

No, the little part that follows right after the opening riff. I cannot make it sound right at all.

[YOUTUBE]1M6kdQtm4wE[/YOUTUBE]

Right at 13 seconds. That's what I'm talking about, dunno about the other guys. :lol:

• Members

It's actually easy as {censored}.
:lol:

Why does it make me cringe when I see someone bend a note (like he bends the G note on the low E string) like that???

It just looks uncomfortable and hard to control. I'd be afraid of bending a fingernail back or having the string get jammed in between my finger nail and the skin...

• Members

I'm not really saying its particulary hard i've just seen alot of people get the groove wrong if that makes sense haha

I agree. Most of them look at tabs online or past guitar mag issues and just memorize where the notes are. Knowing where the notes are is one thing, getting the actual feel and groove takes a while.

If you're feeling it rather than thinking it, chances are you'll be nailing that far better.:thu:

Archived