Squeals

Duesentrieb

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When you going to finish that bad boy up?

Its going pretty good. Made a few errors with the drilling but thats because I didnt make a comprehensive enough drill plan - I'm doing it all in a CAD package next time. Chassis is getting sprayed right now and should be ready for the weekend. Just waiting on some hole punches to come so I can install the valve sockets then its ready to wire up :D

In the mean time I've started working on a pre for little something I'll be building a 4x6L6 power section for (I have a MM bassman 135 PT I was given to use). I need to work out how to do the channel switiching on a 3 channel amp though :D

• Members

It is not that hard. Use the middle (crunch) channel as "default" (all relais off).

Just follow this: xxx

The clean/crunch relais is right in front of the grid of the output tube.

If you plan to use a CF for both dist channels, you need to have a crunch/lead relais in front of the CF. Also after the channel volumes, just switch them simult.

Also you may need a "mute" relais (in parallel with the clean channel relais) to kill the signal of ch2 and ch3 after their first coupling cap to avoid bleeding.

If you have further questions, let me know.

• Members

When you going to finish that bad boy up?

Oh, I had to wait for some P-diodes (for the filament rectification), which arrived today, so tonight I will finish the PCB, I already mounted the transformers and sockets, so I guess it will be ready to run before the weekend.

• 3 months later...

Archived