callin seattle doug please

need more gain

• Members

doug, as we get closer to the pico valve release (8 days) before i preorder it i was wondering if you might help me with some sound refferences since no real good sound samples exist yet. is the pico high gainish say like a blackstar ht5? sorry to refference another amp company but i am very very curious about this amp and no sound samples really exist. I want to preorder because i got a bad feeling they will be hard to get for a while when they do come out. I have been waiting on buying another amp till the pico came out so i could try it. its a toss up between the pico and the ht-5. lastly is the pico valve still on for oct 20 release? thank you very much sir:wave:

• Members

I've got things that need to be paid, man. :(

And I'm not exactly in the best shape to play.. my tendinitis hasn't gotten any better, even after a few months of physical therapy. I think the next step is cortisone, and if that doesn't work, maybe surgery? :idk: They haven't updated me. I haven't actually played in quite a while. :(

AND, neither my Kelly nor my SG are up and runnin'. Kelly needs its bridge put in (which I can't figure out) and its electronics harnessed, and the SG.. needs its electronics harnessed.

I DON'T want to sell the amp. I :love: it. But, I'm leavin' it out there if anyone's interested. That's why I just leave it in my sig, without bumping the thread itself. I'm in no hurry to off it, but, if the chance ever rises that I can get some cash for it, I don't think I'll turn it down.

:cry:

Now I'm sad.. THANKS, PP.

• Members
I've got things that need to be paid, man.
:(

And I'm not exactly in the best shape to play.. my tendinitis hasn't gotten any better, even after a few months of physical therapy. I think the next step is cortisone, and if that doesn't work, maybe surgery?
:idk:
They haven't updated me. I haven't actually played in quite a while.
:(

AND, neither my Kelly nor my SG are up and runnin'. Kelly needs its bridge put in (which I can't figure out) and its electronics harnessed, and the SG.. needs its electronics harnessed.

I DON'T want to sell the amp. I
:love:
it. But, I'm leavin' it out there if anyone's interested. That's why I just leave it in my sig, without bumping the thread itself. I'm in no hurry to off it, but, if the chance ever rises that I can get some cash for it, I don't think I'll turn it down.

:cry:

Now I'm sad.. THANKS, PP.

mojo sent brother:wave:

• Members

morning!
here's the skinny. Being a THD design, the voicing of the Pico isn't the same as the voicing of any of our Soldano designs. They really do sound different.

Of course I have NO objection to you referencing another maker's product! There are many good choices on the market. But, honestly I have never played an HT-5. From what I have read here though, I'm going to assume the HT-5 is of higher gain. That's not going to be the only difference in tone though. The HT-5 I think has 1 preamp and 1 power tube, which indicates all that gain isn't coming from tubes. I don't want to speak for another manufacturer but I think this is logical.
The Pico is an all-tube amp - there's a "nice" amount of gain available, but I don't think anyone is going to call it "brutal" without a pedal in front of it.
By the way, it also has the THD topology for using various power tubes for versatility.

I don't know if this is helpful... you can email me directly if you want to chat more about it: doug@jetcityamplification.com

Archived