WOT: mojo for kitty

Zacman0126

• Members

Zac, if the doc says Chuck needs surgery, please try distilled water and the pills first.

My parents cat has been on distilled water for about 6-8 months now and he's had no problems with the crystals returning. I don't think he eats any super special food (not the cheapest, but I don't believe its any fancy medicated stuff) and they give him about 1/2 a tin of wet food a day.

I'm not saying this would turn Chuck around, but I'd give it a go. Distilled water is "expensive" but its lots cheaper than a surgery on the poor lil dude.

This sucks man. I just dread if either of my kitties ever gets sick! :cry:

• Members
Well, at least its in teh sink. I read a lot about retraining them to use the litter box...but basically after something like this, they associate the box with pain, and wont use it...So to retrain him, Im locking him in the bathroom with food, water, and a littlerbox....supposedly it takes about twice as long to retrain as he has been going outside of the box.

Good luck with it all man. I hope it doesnt come down to the surgery, but with the reoccurance rate of it, it may be the best option.

Might be a good time to get him on this little program...something I need to get my little girl on...smelly beast :D

-Curtis

• Members

Yeah, definitely try other methods first, but those methods dont always work...Ive been dealing with this for a month, feeding special food (they do sell regular store brands that are good for this as well...I know Purina makes one for cats with urinary issues, and its much cheaper than what the vets sell. I have a list at home that my vet gave me). I havent tried the water yet because it keeps slipping my mind to pick some up, but Ill try to remember that tonight. But the pills and the food dont seem to be helping much since the crystal concentration is the same now as it was a month ago when all this started. But the cost, plus the distress to the kitteh, definitely will have you leaving that as a last ditch effort.

• Members

Update: apparently he got unblocked just fine, and they are leaving him alone for now to see if he needs a catheter. Which I'm hoping he doesn't since that means +/- $ if it happens or not.

I've heard if that distilled water thing in passing once and I'll think I'll try that, worth a shot.

• Members

Update: apparently he got unblocked just fine, and they are leaving him alone for now to see if he needs a catheter. Which I'm hoping he doesn't since that means +/- $ if it happens or not.

I've heard if that distilled water thing in passing once and I'll think I'll try that, worth a shot.

Goodluck man. Mine was just in there for the catheter this past weekend. Its pretty painful for them, so I hope he doesnt need it.

• Members

Goodluck man. Mine was just in there for the catheter this past weekend. Its pretty painful for them, so I hope he doesnt need it.

Oh he's pissed. First time we admitted him they said he was the nicest cat ever, last night he was {censored}in ticked to be there. Hissing and {censored} the very second he was taken in back.

• Members
Oh he's pissed. First time we admitted him they said he was the nicest cat ever, last night he was {censored}in ticked to be there. Hissing and {censored} the very second he was taken in back.

:lol:

Same thing over here. Funny how they react similarly in this kinda situation. He will be over when you bring him back home, though.

• Members
Oh he'll be pissed at me and his mum for days but im sure whatever downers that I'm paying for will fix that. Either that or I'm gonna smoke a bowl with him
:lol:

Got some new glassware you're going to have to meet tonight. It's about 2.5' tall and his name is Dexter. he's super "perky" and has a big ass on him, you're gonna love it ;)

-Curtis

• Members

Furtis: I would but...I really should just go home after work. I know we need to hang out soon, but October is a bad month for me.

Kind of hard to explain but basically at my workplace, April and October = {censored}tonne of work to do, lots of overtime to be had, and limited days off. What time I do have to myself, I spend getting grocies or doing laundry so I don't die :freak:.

To all: I just called the hospital and apparently he's doing pretty good. They've removed the blockage and he did not require a catheter for the meantime (dont know If I said this already but worth repeating). Which basically means I save myself some money.

He should be ready to be released sometime today. Hopefully he'll power through this and wont need to stay the night, or need the catheter (or the operation for that matter).

Your prayers and mojo are working brothers, keep em comin. Thanks everyone.

Archived