is this worth the time to make it sound better?

Ripfence

• Members

I'm more comfortable playing jazz or blues and know very little about metal but my son asked for some BR00TZ for a music track to a skateboard video of his.

I haven't gotten very far but I've attached a clip (at least I think I have). Let me know what you think about the concept and motif of the song - I know I need to re-record it because so much of it is out of time and sloppy.

It is also raw takes without any processing so the real version would probably have some compression and maybe something else.

Anyway, how bad does this suck? Should I start over?

Thanks.

• Members

well if by making it better you mean fixing:

- a drum track that sounds like a chipmunk banging on a 2" tamborine

- a guitar tone that sounds like you decided to sample and pitch-alter your first fart this morning

- worst timing than those who decided that the Titanic would be their first sea adventure

then yeah, go for it. :lol:

The idea is not bad, it would sound good if properly recorded and executed.

• Members
well if by making it better you mean fixing:

- a drum track that sounds like a chipmunk banging on a 2" tamborine

- a guitar tone that sounds like you decided to sample and pitch-alter your first fart this morning

- worst timing than those who decided that the Titanic would be their first sea adventure

then yeah, go for it.
:lol:

The idea is not bad, it would sound good if properly recorded and executed.

LOL! Don't hold back now, I can take it. Tell me how you really feel? ;)

• Members
I was totally joking dude..
:lol:
but yeah it's a cool riff, I would just work on a better recording.

I honestly think you were right though. I love the pitch corrected fart part. Except it is more of a shart.

I just used a pod one a preset and the timing is off I just had an idea and wanted to get it down before I forgot it.

• Members

I honestly think you were right though. I love the pitch corrected fart part. Except it is more of a shart.

I just used a pod one a preset and the timing is off I just had an idea and wanted to get it down before I forgot it.

I would start with getting a better drum track... that makes such a difference. If you have a software like EZ Drummer, try using that or just find some real drum .wav loops and find a beat that fits the riff.

Then work on the POD a little bit more to make the tone more natural.. there is a lot you can do with a POD for a good demo quality recording.

• Members

I would start with getting a better drum track... that makes such a difference. If you have a software like EZ Drummer, try using that or just find some real drum .wav loops and find a beat that fits the riff.

Then work on the POD a little bit more to make the tone more natural.. there is a lot you can do with a POD for a good demo quality recording.

I have reason and and some decent sample libraries I think the trouble is I don't know what a drum track for a metal ish song should sound like. I probably should try searching for some metal midi drum tracks and (try to) emulate those.

I can tweak the pod too. I usually use the "dual reverb" patch and go clean so there is a LOT i have to learn about distortion.

Archived