Any Morpheus DropTune users out there?

MattACaster

• Members

I remember there were some latency and signal strength issues when the pedal came out and I really hadn't heard anything about it since then. Does anyone use one of these? Have they released any firmware updates to fix these problems?

Power user here. :wave:

LOVE it. Firmware update fixed everything. Also, it sounds best when the input trim is cranked, despite what the manual says.

It does add a slightly "boxy" element to the tone, but for what I use it for, it's bad ass.

Here's a clip I did....Guitar is tuned to drop D standard, then pushed down to G with the Droptune.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/93-02%20Stream%20of%20Consciousness.mp3

• Members

My bandmate just picked one up this weekend. If it works out well for him I am going that route too. I would much rather carry one guitar (plus a backup) than the three I currently have on stage.

I tried the pedal out at GC. There is some latency but you get used to it pretty fast. It works well at 1/2 step down but beyond 1 step down it gets really strange sounding and seems to really step on the tone. I figured I would wait to hear his at practice before I buy.

• Members

Power user here.
:wave:

LOVE it. Firmware update fixed everything. Also, it sounds best when the input trim is cranked, despite what the manual says.

It does add a slightly "boxy" element to the tone, but for what I use it for, it's bad ass.

Here's a clip I did....Guitar is tuned to drop D standard, then pushed down to G with the Droptune.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/93-02%20Stream%20of%20Consciousness.mp3

Thats good to hear!

I dig the clip too!

A buddy want to start going open mic nights around town and it seems like this would be great to have on a pedal board so I can fly between tunings with only 1 guitar.

• Members

My bandmate just picked one up this weekend. If it works out well for him I am going that route too. I would much rather carry one guitar (plus a backup) than the three I currently have on stage.

I tried the pedal out at GC. There is some latency but you get used to it pretty fast. It works well at 1/2 step down but beyond 1 step down it gets really strange sounding and seems to really step on the tone. I figured I would wait to hear his at practice before I buy.

Hmmm... That might be an issue. Ideally I'd like to be able to float between E and C.

Archived