line 6 hd147 fix help!!

seth-ep

• Members

ok im a tube guy, but the other guitar player on one of the bands i play has that hd147, sounds good for being a modeling amp, but now is having a problem with the delay modeling, everything is functional on the amp, except the delay you assign it and you never get it, you dont get not even one repeat no matter what you do, what could be the problem?? , i usually fix things on SS or tube amps with some help but, i have no idea of how modeling amps work so i dont even know where to start, suggestions??

• Members

the delay level i play around with it and also i try different types of delay and the on off but no luck, but i found something, only one delay is working and is the one is assigned to one of the 4 patches as soon as y change the delay type it goes off...
excuse my ignorance but what you mean with delay level not being assigned to the same continuous control??

• Members

What are you controlling the head with? Since the delay on the preset works I'm guessing the issue is a software conflict of some sort and not an actual defect. If you are using only the front panel there is something odd going on and it could be a bad encoder, but that would affect other things too. I will look at the hd147 manual and see if I can find anything.

If you are messing around with the patch it goes back to default values of the effect selected, If you change the delay type, You may need to go back and turn it on again.

• Members

I would hook it up to the computer so you can see all the settings on the screen. Many times those amps have hidden settings that are hard to see without a menu.

thats true, can also be a firmware issue, the only thing i know is that my freind is not gigging with that amp anymore and probably will get a tube amp or at least a SS amp

• Members

well he uses delay a lot, and its a symptom that is falling apart, so we dont really think it'll be reliable for gigs... and ive read some other threads and looks like this amps are not gig worthy, actually he has only gig with it twice, and he said there wont be a next time, but if we fix it itll be good for studio and rehearsals.

• Members

1. put into manual mode by de-selecting the preset buttons (non should be on)
2. set up what ever amp you need, then make shure the cabinet is de-selected by pushing in and turning the rotary knob to from memory line 6 clean.

you should now be in good position to add or take away effects, withoiut things getting all screwy...only save to a preset when you are really happy..never edit a preset = screwiness ensues.

hth

• Members

1. put into manual mode by de-selecting the preset buttons (non should be on)

2. set up what ever amp you need, then make shure the cabinet is de-selected by pushing in and turning the rotary knob to
from memory
line 6 clean.

you should now be in good position to add or take away effects, withoiut things getting all screwy...only save to a preset when you are really happy..never edit a preset = screwiness ensues.

hth

thanks! thats good info, ill keep that in mind

Archived