Blackstar Series One 45/100 bottom end?

CrateSmasher

• Members

Do these amps have any bottom end to them? Sounds like theres little bass in all the clips ive heard. Ya I know its youtube but you can hear the lows in other youtube amp vids. Unfortunately I cant find a place close to try it out so Ill just send it back if I dont like it. Whos got one?

• Members

At lower volumes and on its own its my opinion that these amps suck quite badly. They arnt really a low end monster but what they do seem to be really good at is standing out in a band situation. They have a clarity too them that just seems to work in a mix. When I played one I hated it, but then I heard James Hetfield using one at Sonisphere and it really cut through.

• Members

It was the whole sound that really unimpressed me. For home use even with power reduction I don't think I could find a sound I would be happy with. Some amps like 5150 or krank in stain sound fine for low volume home use IMO but the series one reminds me a little of the recto in the way it sounds crap at home but great in a band mix with decent volume. If I was in a touring band I would consider it.

Archived