Good Reverb Pedal for Jet City JCA100HDM?

holden_caufield9

• Members

Is there an effects loop in the nova? Otherwise, how do you run delay and reverb in the loop and everything else out front?

IIRC, the Overdrive/Distortion effects are the only two effects in the Nova System you would want to run in front. These effects are disabled when you run the unit in "Line" mode vs "Drive" mode. There is no 4-cable method with the Nova System. Check the manual for more details.

Also keep in mind that all TC Electronic rack/floor effects have a built-in volume/solo boost feature and by default are set at a -6db output level (so 0db is the volume/solo boost level). A lot of folks think TC units aren't very transparent because of this -6db default.

There is also an ingenious "activate preset on release" feature/quirk with the Nova System where you activate a preset by holding down the switch and releasing after a quick 2 second loading of the preset. Individual effects are enabled/disabled normally (on press), but presets/patches are activated via press-hold-release. This ingenious method allows the hardware unit to be compact and priced low.

I can't wait to get a JCA100HDM and load it with EL34s for a practice/jam amp. I'll save my Soldano(s) for gigs. I'd still like another SLO-100 and possibly a Hot Rod 100+ with EL34s if the JCA100HDM EL34 amp works well. I'm really not interested in purchasing any other amps besides those designed by Mike Soldano. I've played several modern/recently produced amps and only Soldano tone does it for me.

• Members

Ok, I have to resurrect this page. Reverb pedals out front sound great on the clean channel but go nuts on the gain channel. There has to be a solution out there that doesnt cost $500. I just need a good reverb and noise gate. The gate I can put out front but the reverb will sound like hell out front. I've looked for a while and all I can find are multi effects boxes. I might be able to sell some stuff to get the Nova system but to be honest, I dont feel good about selling a bunch of true bypass analog stuff to get a digital board that can either go in the loop or out front, but not both...

• Members

Have you just tried a reverb pedal in the loop? I use delay as an echo on mine with no issues.

If you really need a line level piece, then I'd get an old Alesis Nonoverb. They are cheap and would work just fine for you

• Members

Have you just tried a reverb pedal in the loop? I use delay as an echo on mine with no issues.

If you really need a line level piece, then I'd get an old Alesis Nonoverb. They are cheap and would work just fine for you

I tried my Way Huge Aquapuss in the loop and it sounded horrible. I'll look into the Nanoverbs. Thanks for the tip.

Archived