Space is so Weird and Cool

Ovid9

• Members

Damn I wish they'd figure out some sort of viable space travel that'd make deep space exploration possible.

I wanna know stuff!

Anyway, the crappy yahoo article and the pic of it.

heic1102a.jpg

Short version: That big blob at the bottom is mostly hydrogen gas, is as big as the milky way, and is producing stars out in the middle of nowhere. Like, stars not in a galaxy.

Very freaking cool.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if space is so big, and time bends, how will you accurately return to Earth direction-wise, and time-wise?

Reason why time travel will never work. Device used in said time-travel would be millions of miles from Earth if you were to only go a year in the future or past. Earth revolves around sun, galaxy rotates around random high-gravity objects, this combined with the rate of expansion of the universe = millions of miles every day of movement.

• Members
if space is so big, and time bends, how will you accurately return to Earth direction-wise, and time-wise?

Not my problem. Other people are doing the exploring. Not me. :cop:

I vote on using bubble universes where the phsyical constants aren't the same as here so you go like 100km an hour, but its effectively like 100x the speed of light here.

However, I tend to read a fair amount of non-hard SF, so, ummm, yeah. :idk:

• Members

Reason why time travel will never work. Device used in said time-travel would be millions of miles from Earth if you were to only go a year in the future or past.

But, I thought you could only go to the future since the past has already occurred,kind of like David Freeman's first trip on Flight of the Navigator.

• Members
But, I thought you could only go to the future since the past has already occurred,kind of like David Freeman's first trip on Flight of the Navigator.

There is no proof for anything, and never will be, because its all theoretical anyways. If you can fold timespace onto itself, the possibilities are endless. There is still the debate whether time is actually flowing or not, and whether alternate dimensions exist outside of our perception of time or not. :o

• Members

Damn I wish they'd figure out some sort of viable space travel that'd make deep space exploration possible.

I wanna know stuff!

Anyway,
the crappy yahoo article
and the pic of it.

heic1102a.jpg

Short version: That big blob at the bottom is mostly hydrogen gas, is as big as the milky way, and is producing stars out in the middle of nowhere. Like, stars not in a galaxy.

Very freaking cool.

fsmdragoncon.jpg

Archived