Sell my Mark V??

danxrs05

• Members

Worked my ass off to buy this a year ago only ton find out after a year that it is maybe a little (no a lot) overkill.

I am thinking hard about selling it and downsizing in something the size of a HT-5.

WHy? (considering I can put the Mark V on the 10 watt mode)

I could use the extra money to pay the Visa and go ahead and buying my first house.

Damn it's a hard decision.

I mean, it could help A LOT but on the other hand, I am scared that I'll regret it!!!

Ever been in that situation?

• Members

While I don't know your specific financial situation... but... if 2K is stopping you from buying a house you might not be in a good position to really buy that house to begin with.

Just trying to help.

This.

Or you could admit the fact that you really don't like the tone.

• Members

Mark series amps have a tendancy to sound blah and dry and boring after a while.

Then you sell them.

Then you realize that your dream tone was in the Mark, and you just got tired of it after hearing it every day.

Then you buy another Mark.

Happened to me 4 times.

• Members

Mark series amps have a tendancy to sound blah and dry and boring after a while.

Then you sell them.

Then you realize that your dream tone was in the Mark, and you just got tired of it after hearing it every day.

Then you buy another Mark.

Happened to me 4 times.

nah, they sound dry and blah and boring from the beginning. Psychologically, you don't want to admit it after buying an amp that "does it all". I know, it happened to me.

• Members

I could use the extra money to pay the Visa and go ahead and buying my first house.

Yes, I've been thinking of selling my JCM800 to fund my Visa bill and buying a rocket to start out on my space exploration dream.

I'll prolly just keep it though.

It seems bizarre that 2k could make a difference in buying a house, specially after you've paid off your Visa bill, what gives?

• Members

Which mark did you have?

Mark IV. Had two.

Oh, and volume isn't an issue with the mark IV. You get pretty much the same bla dry tone at low volume as you do at high volume. Really, it comes down to this for the OP. Either he dosn't like the tone for the money he's got into it, or he likes it and needs the money. The rest is all BS.

• Members

Don't sell, great amp and you worked hard for it. Just consider it a product of that saving and plan to keep it forever. Hold off on buying the house so you can save up more.

+2 but if it is overkill you may want to sell it anyway personally i would keep the amp but i'm not you or in your situation

• Members

Mark IV. Had two.

Oh, and volume isn't an issue with the mark IV. You get pretty much the same bla dry tone at low volume as you do at high volume. Really, it comes down to this for the OP. Either he dosn't like the tone for the money he's got into it, or he likes it and needs the money. The rest is all BS.

well {censored} the mark IV, I haz boner for mark III. totally different machine in every aspect. Sounds better all around, just a pain to use.

• Members

I honestly would not have to sell the Mark to buy the house.

I was just thinking about lowering my credit balance (which is not that high in fact). Low enough to buy a really nice house with the gf.

I guess I'm just having one of those good old pass when you start to think....hmmm haven't played in a few weeks, i could make a few bucks.

I LOVE the tone BTW. Best amp I ever had.

I guess I just needed to read opinions from fellow musicians since the gf is like: whatever do what you want. It's just an amp and they all sound the same! lol

Yeah right...lol

• Members

nah, they sound dry and blah and boring from the beginning. Psychologically, you don't want to admit it after buying an amp that "does it all". I know, it happened to me.

I love my Marks. Great cleans and great high gain, with a second channel that can do a fuller clean/gritty clean/mid gain. Nuff said.

• Members

I love my Marks. Great cleans and great high gain, with a second channel that can do a fuller clean/gritty clean/mid gain. Nuff said.

I disliked my Marks. Sterile clean, bleh high gain, with a second channel that was honkey and useless. Nuff said.

:thu:

• Members

I disliked my Marks. Sterile clean, bleh high gain, with a second channel that was honkey and useless. Nuff said.

:thu:

Those of us that can dial them in find pretty good uses for them. They may not have the depth of the Recto-style amps, but that's why different amps exist.

Archived