A Note on the Sig:X___

mcr23

• Members

So some guy came last night to check out the bass I am selling. He's a guitarist too but (like me when I bought the bass) wants to fool around with a bass.

He noticed my studio/quad/295 rack and the Sig:X below it and said that he sold his sig:x because he coudln't hear any power section "tubeyness" from the amp at (very) low volume on the 100W setting.

I immediate gave him a :freak: and :facepalm:ed without realizing it.

I went [on] to explain that high wattage tube amps with big bottles don't normally have power section drive at bedroom volumes :poke: and that this is esp true with the Siggy because it's a NMV amp. :lol: :lol:

• Members
He actually said the at low volumes part?
:freak:
's and
:facepalm:
's for sure
:lol:

Can't the Sig X go down to 40 watts?

Yeah but I think he was a card-carying brutalz type of kid and the 40W setting does loosen the feel a bit (not as much as other amps with SS/tube rectifier options). The 40W setting is my favorite because I can coax some nice power section out. :love:

• Members

Hmm, my Sig was just as loud at 40W as at 100W up to about noon on the channelvolumes. After that, it ran out of steam while in the 100W setting it would get even louder (obviously)

Giga

Yes, no volume difference to my ears too. I just like the feel of the tube rect.

Archived