My fiddy no worky! :CRY: 5153 no output- please help.

zeusecho

• Members

I had a similar problem with my 4th world country manufactured 5150 clone. It's a Bugera, so I assumed what any reasonable person would assume; the Bugera had finally failed me. I checked tubes, fuses, etc when in the end it was the jackplate on my Marshall 4x12 cab. The mono/stereo switch had gone out.

Thanks I know the cab is good as I just wired it myself last month, and it's mono so there's no switch to fail.

One of the output jacks on the 5153 though was loose when I bought it (used) which I fixed straight away but maybe someone tried to use the bad jack before I got it and stressed/damaged the OT?

• Members

It is possible for a fuse to test ok, but at working voltage and current it is open (failed).

Really I've never seen that? I guess it can't hurt to change them.

I suspect the OT though because of the issue with the output jack (although I have played the amp for a few months after is was fixed). Is that unreasonable given the voltage measurements above.

• Members

B+ = 0VAC and 130VDC

Heaters = 2.5VAC and 0VDC

Okay, that B+ seems awfully low. I'd guess it'd be about 450VDC?

Can you do the measurement with the tubes pulled? Also if you can take a reading straight off the rectifier and then after the reservoir cap?

• Members

Thanks for your help EVERYONE! :wave:

It is fixed!!! :love:

It turned out to be a fuse but not really a fuse at the same time. :mad:

It was the connection to the fuse. The connector looks like it has some corrosion and was a little loose. I cleaned it up with a wire brush and pinched the sockets together to add some pressure on the fuse and it's good as new. I'm surprised that just taking out the fuse and reinstalling it the several times that I did did not fix the issue initially.

Peace out...I'm going to play nao! :evil:

• Members

Are the tubes glowing? If not, I suspect one of the powertubes failed and took out an internal fuse. That would be the first thing to check, at least.

One of my tubes does not fire up also, I hope that is all it is, the amp still comes on and plays but I stopped using it when I realized the tube not firing. Hope Phatgirl can get me together this week. Be even better if it's just a bad tube...

Archived