Attn Exafro: LeCto question

Daveborn2rock

• Members

Hey Exafro,

The tones that you get using the LeCto are phenomenal and definitely my favorite that I've heard from software for aggressive tones.

That said would you PLEASE share some of your secrets/favorite LeCto settings because I just got the new apple audio units version and am having a devil of a time getting it to sound like yours.

I would PM this but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to get some of your settings.

Cheers,

Dave

• Members

I'm not him obviously, but I was messing around with LeCto last night and discovered that I couldn't get any tones I like on the red channel. The orange channel seems to give a lot more balanced tone whereas the red channel seemed really bloated in the mids no matter what I'd do. My best results have been with the orange channel, vintage mode.

• Members

Im sure there is some type of impulse loader for Mac. Just get some good sounding IR's and you'll be golden.

Ya Logic's space designer reverb plug-in works for runs IRs but it's designed for reverb so the interfacing isn't quite as useful for cab IRs.

I'm already making some decent progress though, thanks.

• Members

also, (and correct me if i'm wrong here) a big part of exafro's sound come from the mixing. A solid rhythm section sound does a TON for the guitar tone....

Having everything working together is the biggest part imo. You can make a Gorilla sound good in the right context.

Archived