Urgh - car help needed

satannica

• Members

If it is the caliper, make sure you have them replace the rotor on that wheel as well since the one that's on there is going to be warped to {censored} and back due to the heat.

This. And if it's their phuck up, make them pay for it.

• Members

Thanks for your replies guys. It's now morning and I've decided to take it a mile away from home to quailfy for an RAC pickup. I'll report back what the RAC dude says.

The car is a '99. My initial thought in all of this was that the caliper was dragging, or the disk had warped and that the smell was from the brake disks. I didn't notice the car dragging to one side at all, but I kinda wasn't looking for it as I know the front tyres are needing a replacement and the rear offside bushing is knackered too (booked for next week).

If the caliper is sticking, how would that manifest itself by pushing the gas all the way down? Usually the gearbox kicks down and the car takes off, but instead what's happening is the revs are just dying totally and it all slows up. I'm totally out of my depth with autobox cars, especially anything that's in any way more complicated than the '88 crapheaps I used to run and repair myself.

Archived