Building a mixer/rack gear stand

fuzzball

• Members

Hey guys I am currently building a mixer/rack gear stand for my A&H mix wiz and my rack gear. When completed it should hold up to 14 rack units and the mixer. The unit will also be moveable (it will have locking wheels). I will show a pic when it is completed. I hope it turns out good.:thu:

• Members

Are you building this from plans or are you winging it? I would love to do something like this, but I have a bad feeling it involves a significant amount of welding. I'd be interested in seing how you're doing it.

• Members

I am building it out of wood, I bought rack rails. I just put it together and painted it today, next I have to put on the rails and casters. It is a bit bulky, but it should be nice and sturdy. I made plans myself, and then modified them as I went.

• Members

Next project a new desk for the Roland 2480 and monitors. I currently set the keyboard on my lap....that has to change.

I left room in the rack to put things like the mmp-2 preamp and other small non-rack units on top. I may add a home made drawer later.

• Members

Just take measurements for the racks (picking the size you want and need. Then get the right size rack rails for the mixer, and rack space. Then get 2 2X4's and some coasters (I got 2 locking coasters so I could stop it from moving when I want). I put a slight angel for the mixer for comfort. I sanded the wood smooth after cutting them to size. I used metal brackets and wood screws to hold it together.

• Members

Did you find what you need. I would recommend getting casters with breaks (at least 2 of them out of 4).

Well, I'm not going to get anything right away. I don't have a huge need for it right now, but it's nice to know where I can find the stuff for future reference.

Archived