OT: FML Content

mcr23

• Members

So shopping for a respectable 2 bedroom / 2 bath condo in Arlington VA is :cry::m/s:

More or less---the minimum for anything with hardwood floors, granite counters, steel appliances, etc. is 375,000. :facepalm::facepalm:

I just ran the mortgage calculator to see how huch interest I would pay over 30 years and almost vomited. 305K Instead I bellowed a lous :mad: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

F - M - L

Still gonna do it but I'm from Pennsylvania originally and I was thinking of the huge house and yard I could have for that. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, man, East Coast FTL. I grew up in Maryland, moved away in my early 20s. 15 years later, I'm browsing online for condos or houses, and basically there's a name for the part of Maryland that I could afford to live in right now, and it's called:

West Virginia.

• Members

I would hate to be looking for real estate up there. If I'd never experienced the bang/size for the buck housing market TX in general offers it'd be one thing, but that'd be a huge culture shock for me. Me looking for a ~2000 sq ft house for just me is nothing down here. :lol: Other places it's enormous.

• Members

geez dude.

In these parts, $375k buys you a 5,000 square foot house on a golf course, with all the extras.

Yeah even in The Woodlands $375k isn't bad. That's about a 2500-3000 square footer + 3 car. Not even close to the golf course but still nice.

Although the condo I just got done renting had a FS price around 350-375. Was a 1/1 and about 1100 sq ft.

• Members

Yeah even in The Woodlands $375k isn't bad. That's about a 2500-3000 square footer + 3 car. Not even close to the golf course but still nice.

Although the condo I just got done renting had a FS price around 350-375. Was a 1/1 and about 1100 sq ft.

well, it also depends VERY much on where in the area you live.

I could go down the road 20 minutes and get into a 3/2 with almost no yard and pay 300k. But in general, upstate SC is very cheap. Notable exceptions being near the airport and in/near downtown Greenville. The suburb I lived in when I was in H/S is also getting expensive too.

• Members

I could go down the road 20 minutes and get into a 3/2 with almost no yard and pay 300k. But in general, upstate SC is very cheap. Notable exceptions being near the airport and in/near downtown Greenville. The suburb I lived in when I was in H/S is also getting expensive too.

Oh for sure. You leave the Woodlands and go to Conroe or Spring or Humble and 375k gets you an extra 1000 sq ft about! :lol:

• Members

Dude, I just realized if wifey and I ever make it out to visit her sister in Florence, we'll pry go near Spartanburg just judging by the state map.

Yeah, I'm bored at work. :lol:

• Members

Dude, I just realized if wifey and I ever make it out to visit her sister in Florence, we'll pry go near Spartanburg just judging by the state map.

Yeah, I'm bored at work.
:lol:

hahaha.

Yeah, from where you live, you would pass through Spartanburg to get there. When we lived in Indy, we would always come through here to go to Myrtle Beach.

Therefore, if/when you go to Florence, you should make a stop here...

• Members
hahaha.

Yeah, from where you live, you would pass through Spartanburg to get there. When we lived in Indy, we would always come through here to go to Myrtle Beach.

Therefore, if/when you go to Florence, you should make a stop here...

We will do that. :thu:

Next trip probably won't be until next year though. Wifey's last trip was a bit disasterous and she's not overly eager to head back. :lol:

And I want to visit my bro and s-n-l out in Portland.

Family spread on opposite sides of the country and not having tons of disposable income FML. :facepalm:

:lol:

• Members

In other news, the wife and I appear to be in it for another year of living apart from each other as we can't afford to sell our house :cry:

my dad's wife is a realtor here in town and she says that our floor plan with identical upgrades and what not is selling for $24,000 less than what we paid back in 2005 for it. Skype relationship FTL :cry:

foreveraloneface.png

• Members

I hear you brother. I live in Columbia MD. Nice part of maryland in between DC and baltimore. Baltimore > DC. My condo was like 250k which isn't bad but its not right next to either city. I plan on moving out of this area and dropping like 400k on a giant awesome house :)

• Members

Awww, damn FRPC, that sux man.

Wifey's gonna be gone for 5 days starting today. Day 1-3 will be awesome, day 4 the lonely sets in.
:(

yeah there's only so much xbox a man can handle until you're playing GTA or Assassin's Creed and you start to get the urge to fap to video game whores. :lol:

• Members

Man, I feel you. Alberta housing is insane. If you want to live in Edmonton or Calgary, it will cost about $400k for something nice that's not in the outskirts.

This.

$375,000 here would barely get you a decent apartment or a {censored}ty house 1950's house.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU:mad:

• Members

Man, I feel you. Alberta housing is insane. If you want to live in Edmonton or Calgary, it will cost about $400k for something nice that's not in the outskirts.

CAN prices make me :freak: when I watch the HGTV home buyer shows. Insane for how lil and usually not that nice you get.

Archived