CLIP: Agile TC-1200 + EMG TC

colejustesen

• Members

So I thought I would try to record some stuff with my new Agile tele knockoff, after installing some EMG TC pickups that missingastring was gracious enough to sell to me.

I figured I would try to do some STP and played Interstate Love Song.....I used a free VST suite called FreeAmp 3 then into ReCabinet impulses. I am trying to get the hang of recording direct....I know that people like Exafro or Killswitch could totally make this VST sound awesome.

Anyway my chain goes like this:

Agile TC-1200 -> Focusrite Saffire 6 USB -> Reaper 64-Bit DAW

The backing track I found happened to have bass, drums and vocals....There are a few mistakes from trying to double track...which I will need to practice on....sorry for those....other than that I think it sounds pretty good considering....

Anyway here is the link!

Interstate Love Song

And also, another shout out to missingastring.....he is good people :thu:

Cole

• Members
Sounds like there's a timing/latency problem, and it's hard to judge the tone since you're playing along to the original guitars too. But it still sounds nice.
:thu:

I wasn't playing along to the original guitar track. This is the backing track I was using....there are some chord stuff at the first....but the bass is overpowering a bit....
http://download.guitarbackingtrack.com/mp3/stone%20temple%20pilots/interstate%20love%20song%20(2).mp3

I was having issues with timing....and remembering what was next in the song....:facepalm:....while doing a double track.

Cole

Archived