WOT: Cell Phone plans are RIDICULOUS!!!

Dead Star

• Members

So right now I have Boost Mobile, which is perfect for me. No Contract, $60 for unlimited voice, messaging, and data. Well, my {censored}ty outdated Blackberry hit the bucket so I've been thinking of starting up a contract...

{censored} that {censored}

$90 a month for 350 minutes, 1000 messages, and 2 gigs of data? Seriously, {censored} contracts. I could switch to Virgin Mobile, and get unlimited BlackBerry service for $25.

Maybe I'm just really bad a cell phone shopping.

• Members

i have virgin mobile.

25 bucks, unlimited net, 300 minutes, unlimited text

works for me, although i often find myself without service(like inside buildings lol). For 25 bucks I live with it.

Also, you can't stream video or music with VM. You can use youtube, but it sucks very much...at least on my phone.

• Members

Over here most of the operators have {censored}ty data plans, except one. Unlimited data at max speed.

TeliaSonera are also a bunch of douchebags, they still have me on contract paying 2 euros per month because I can't cancel my contract due to some stupid "speak as much as you want for 1 euro on Sundays" scam they tricked me into getting (called me, asked if I wanted it and never mentioned that it was a one year contract). They've done it to lots of people and other operators have similar things. It's in court right now but they're taking their sweet time by appealing that {censored} until they hit the highest court level.

• Members

1. Build phone with gizmos and gadgets

2. Advertise the {censored} out of it, new trend even for 3rd graders

3. Profit off apps

4. Profit like crazy off over priced phone plans

5. Demand so friggin high charge what you want.. people will pay

6. Put idea in head that phone payment is more important than car or rent.

7. PROFIT

• Members

I pay $60 a month for Verizon. 450 minutes and unlimited text. No internet. The only thing that sucks is that I almost never use over 100 minutes a month. There should be an option to pay less for less minutes. The service is great though around here so i'm reluctant to switch.

• Members

Sprint

Everything Data - with Any Mobile, Anytime

Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That

• Members

I pay $60 a month for Verizon. 450 minutes and unlimited text. No internet. The only thing that sucks is that I almost never use over 100 minutes a month. There should be an option to pay less for less minutes. The service is great though around here so i'm reluctant to switch.

I can't go without the internet. It's been slow in retail, and I've done my day's work, and still it would be boring. HCAF and fb keeps time flying by.

• Members

MegadethFan: I've considered Sprint too, but after my coworker's experience (and countless friends and reviews online) about their crappy customer service, I'm never going with 'em.

Sorry to hear that. We've always had a great experience with Sprint, and their service is pretty good 'round my parts. Got 3 EVOs with them.

EDIT: Just wanted to throw it in, Virgin and Boost are pretty much the same (owned by sprint). Looking at Virgin's plans I would get the LG Opitmus V with their $25 no contract plan, unlimited data, texts, etc with 300 min/month.

• Members

Sorry to hear that. We've always had a great experience with Sprint, and their service is pretty good 'round my parts. Got 3 EVOs with them.

Same here, a lot of people I know of hates AT&T with a passion. They've been nothing but accommodating to ME.

I've not had a problem with calls dropped like so many claim, though I must admit there are a few places where I don't have reception, but it's not like I'll be at those places all the time.

Verizon's been tempting. If I was to pay a $15+ more with this ridiculous data/internet plan, I might as well go with Verizon, as they have unlimited plans.

• Members

Same here, a lot of people I know of hates AT&T with a passion. They've been nothing but accommodating to ME.

I've not had a problem with calls dropped like so many claim, though I must admit there are a few places where I don't have reception, but it's not like I'll be at those places all the time.

Verizon's been tempting. If I was to pay a $15+ more with this ridiculous data/internet plan, I might as well go with Verizon,
as they have unlimited plans

Better jump on that sometime soon then, I hear they are going to phase them out.

• Members

I'm on Verizon, I use a Droid with unlimited data and voice all for the low low price of -FREE-

Way to brag!!!!

I get a 20% company discount. It's still kind of expensive for smart phones, but the ability to look up and dispute anything at any given moment is very powerful.

Ever have a question asked at work that you can't answer or vice versa?

Smart phone.

Nothing going on at work? Bored?

Smart phone.

Someone used a word that you don't know the meaning of.

Smart phone.

Need a price match at guitar center?

Smart phone.

Need to fap in a Taco Bell bathroom stall?

Smart phone.

Archived