Mark IV Rackmount or Snax Standard?

NixerX

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Have you used the Axe-Fx I am guessing no.

OP The snax comes close very close, is this for gigging or home use + recording.

Initially it would be for home / recording. I have a house in the boonies so I can be reasonably loud. Plus my wife likes teh getarz. If the Snax felt / sounded right id Gig it for sure. Since it can run dual amps and im the only guitarist in the band I could do 2 cabs on each side of the stage with 2 dif amps?

• Members

Initially it would be for home / recording. I have a house in the boonies so I can be reasonably loud. Plus my wife likes teh getarz. If the Snax felt / sounded right id Gig it for sure. Since it can run dual amps and im the only guitarist in the band I could do 2 cabs on each side of the stage with 2 dif amps?

I cant say for you but I loved mine. I will get another.

• Members

Have you used the Axe-Fx I am guessing no.

I have not used the Axe-FX. I have, however, used each of the last three or four generations of modeling amps, seen them die by the wayside, and while this one may be "the one" that provides a viable alternative to tube amps, I won't hold my breath waiting to see. Meanwhile, the Mark IV has been an industry standard for 20 years now, and its resale value has been remarkably consistent over that time, even with the subsequent releases of the Rectos, Road Kings, and Mark V.

BTW, don't get me wrong; samhill's snax videos sound amazing.

• Members

Don't know if you have answered this but are you going to be running the snax through a PA or through a tube power amp or what?

Im not 100% there on that aspect. part of me says Tube power....but the SLA2 seems like its got more than enough oomph to keep me at band volumes with out that nasty SS clipping. and to have arig thats 100lbs rather than 230 :)

• Members

Snax for {censored}s and giggles.

Mark4 if you are gonna keep it long term. Amazing clean, crunch, and one of the most distinct lead channels of any amp for better or worse.

Depends on your tastes really.

Hell there's a Mrak 5 locally for 1500 so .....

• Members

I can tell... how long did you have it for? You know I run a Splawn right....talk about dry...and tight. I like it like that lol....uh..amps only.

It was definitely tight and dry, which I normally like too... It just didn't work for me.

I got INSANE lead tone though... seriously though, it was amazing. :love:

Had it for a week, spent a lot of time with it. Just could not get rhythm tones that worked for me. So I sold it.

• Members

It was definitely tight and dry, which I normally like too... It just didn't work for me.

I got INSANE lead tone though... seriously though, it was amazing.
:love:

Had it for a week, spent a lot of time with it. Just could not get rhythm tones that worked for me. So I sold it.

The lead tones are incredible. :love: One of the main reasons I dig the amp.

• Members
If it was me I'd probably go
:snax:
, because they both might as well be the space shuttle to me, so I might as well learn the one that doesn't have shared tone controls for its channels.

Yeah, the shared Mid and Bass controls on the R1 and R2 channel make the amp sound like ass. :rolleyes:

Archived