Im in the market....point me in the right direction

jr_vw2

• Members

So im seeking out a new 7 string. I currently have a Schecter Gryphon 7. For the price its a pretty sweet guitar. I have had my eye on a Schecter Damien Elite 7, but what else should I check into?

No glossy baseball bat necks

No Trem

Prefer Active pups (but doesnt have to have them)

around the $700 range new or used.

• Members

I wanted to get a 20th anniversary Universe but that would be a glossy with a trem and nothing you want and WAY TOO EXPENSIVE... I just like swirly guitars and want one and a 7 string so I thought I could combine them, other than that I am no help to you whatsoever sorry... :)

• Members

i have heard hit and miss on the fret work on these though. Thats a biggy for me. Although they do seem rather tasty

See if you can try one at a local store if it's an option. I was going to suggest this, or a used sc607/ sc607b. If you don't like either of those, maybe an Ibanez RGA7, which has a thinner neck. I have a Damien Elite 6 string, and I think it's a great guitar for the money, but the necks on the Schecter 7s are a little thick for me. I think the Esp/ ltds are perfect IMO.

• Members

See if you can try one at a local store if it's an option. I was going to suggest this, or a used sc607/ sc607b. If you don't like either of those, maybe an Ibanez RGA7, which has a thinner neck. I have a Damien Elite 6 string, and I think it's a great guitar for the money, but the necks on the Schecter 7s are a little thick for me. I think the Esp/ ltds are perfect IMO.

Yeah sadly local and 7-string dont really go together around here. I can find 7321's and a few schecters but that's about it. That is really the only reason I am considering the Damien elite 7 just for the simple fact that I have actually put my hands on it. The neck profile isn't too bad for me becaus I have pretty long fingers. Wizard necks are pretty uncomfortable for me though. But like a scchecter c7 feels huge though.

Decisions decisions.

Archived