A $5k guitar through a $300 amp...

dmtnt

• Members

A $5k guitar through a $300 amp...

...in the hands of a poor player...

...really does sound like {censored}.

Otherwise, not so much.

this.

I was quite skeptical when I was joining a new band and this guy had a really expensive Gibson. I measured worth around $4k , he said he paid $6k, I give him the benefit of the doubt :idk:

Then I saw his amp Line 6 Spider II 75W. I was shocked, and a little confused.

After a few more jam sessions I totally forgot hes using a spider, he was getting better tone than me when I went through a Mesa.

Oh by the way, I'm a terrible player :D

• Members

this.

I was quite skeptical when I was joining a new band and this guy had a really expensive Gibson. I measured worth around $4k , he said he paid $6k, I give him the benefit of the doubt
:idk:

Then I saw his amp Line 6 Spider II 75W. I was shocked, and a little confused.

After a few more jam sessions I totally forgot hes using a spider, he was getting better tone than me when I went through a Mesa.

Oh by the way, I'm a terrible player
:D

Please tell me you weren't using the Fullbore metal for your gain tones through the Mesa.

• Members

99%?

Of all the cover bands I've seen, I have only seen two that use line 6.

While 99% is a bit of a stretch I can honestly say that probably around 75% of the cover bands in my area use Line 6. Most of the rest use that Vox modelling stuff. Only one cover band I can think of has a player that uses a "normal tube amp" and it's a Roadster.

• Members

Some of y'all need to get off this. It MOSTLY has to do with talent and how good someone is at setting tones, AND, what the FoH guy is doing.

I've been gigging PRS Customs ($2000-$3000) for years, through a Tech 21 Trademark 60 ($500), and as of last week, my BOSS ME-70 $299) straight into the PA and it sounds great.

Mucho dinero does not necessarily equal good tone, and small dollars does not equal bad tone.

Archived