Timmy + Jet City JCA20H (Youtube Clip) me butchering some Nuno/Extreme riffs/licks

Johansolo

• Members

FYI the settings were

Gain 4

Bass 5.5

Mid 7

Tre 5

Vol 4

Pres 0

there some fizz there but it goes away as the volume gets up there...too loud for home thou.

i have a greenback/V30 comparison clip with the same amp/cab here if you havent seen it already...

[video=youtube;_KbS1NUaP6I]

• Members

I will be checking it out, I think I have already though.. I will be honest I am not a fan of V30's I would prefer to try it with t75's as well as green backs, I guess you prefer the greenbacks?

what is it about V30s you dont like?

i have a love/hate relationship with them

ie love them for certain mic' recorded heavy chunk tones and for playing in a band setting/hate them in a room playing alone.

whearas i generally like greenbacks all the time, especially for clean and lead tones

which is one of the main reason i love my mismatched cab as its a great blend and one doesnt overpower the other. i really want to get a 30H of some sort to try in the 1x12 open back i have.

but that said..i liked the JCA with T75s too...

to be totally honest...this amp has pretty much sounded good no matter what cab/speakers ive plugged into...maybe i should give it a go throuh my laney VC30s cobos Seventy80 just for sh#ts and giggles.

• Members

Needs more mids.

are you being sarcastic or serious? (as in i had too much mids or actually really needed more mids) the amp mid setting was already quite high.

note: i wasnt trying to nail nunos tone either ...moreso just dialed in a good room sound and slapped a mic in front (off-axis)

i always welcome constructive critism/feedback

cheers

Archived