My biggest mix to date! (Blackmachine/BKP/Axe-FX etc)

Nolly

• Members

Hey dudes,

It feels like sometimes mixes come together really effortlessly, and this is the fruit one of those times! Really happy with the way this one fits together, and I'm particularly pleased with the drum sounds (S2.0 Avatar snare and toms, Metal Foundry everything else). Guitar tone is based around the Axe-FX JCM800 model, using my quilt-top Blackmachine B2 loaded with BKP Nailbombs.

This will probably be the template for the Snuggles EP mix when we get around to doing that. The riffs may get used too :)

http://soundcloud.com/nolly/snuggles-ep-template

• Members

Ah, no magic and not really any fancy tricks on this one! I mainly concentrated on not fighting the natural sounds of the drums, and fiddling with the balance of the mics instead of resorting to EQ. One thing I will be doing again in the future is triggering the snare verb off the mono far mic instead of the close mics - it seems to give it an airier sound with a more naturally fat sound :)

• Members

Ah, no magic and not really any fancy tricks on this one! I mainly concentrated on not fighting the natural sounds of the drums, and fiddling with the balance of the mics instead of resorting to EQ. One thing I will be doing again in the future is triggering the snare verb off the mono far mic instead of the close mics - it seems to give it an airier sound with a more naturally fat sound
:)

I was actually fiddling with that on that Marshall Rock mix we talked about. Having the reverb on the close mics was bothering me when I had the snare coming through so many other ambient mics, seemed to work well keeping that one clean.

• Members

Cheers guys, I finished writing the track, can't wait for our secret vocalist to do his thing on it so we can release it this summer at some point :)

The RSF album is almost done, thanks for hanging in there dudes!

Archived