esp help

thewarmachine

• Members

1992. I have catalogs from the 80's to now and it's the only year where they have a bolt-on MII with a HB and SC, the lower cutaway "scult" (or sculpt depending on who you ask), that headstock (previous years had a Jackson style HS and the model name was Mirage) and the double offset pearl inlay at the 12th fret.

• Members

ok awesome ...any idea what it might be worth i picked it up for pretty much nothing

I'm a BIG fan of 90's era ESP's and these standard series guitars are awesome players and unfortunately sell for peanuts. I have 3 ESP Vipers from 97/98 and I paid 250, 450 and 500 (with a case, though). I had a 98 ESP Eclipse that I paid 500 for in mint condition (with a case, too). I bought a 92 or 93 Maverick Deluxe that needed some hardware fixes (body and neck were in great shape, though) for 300 with a case. I spent another 100 buying new parts and cleaning hardware.

As others have said, 400-600 seems to be the range. The M's and Eclipses are the most prevalent and the pricing seems to be consistently within that range. With something like a Viper or Maverick, IMO their lessened availability can work in your favor, or completely NOT work in your favor.

Since most people associate ESP guitars with their current offerings (i.e. set neck or neck thru standards and cheaper LTD line), these 90's era bolt-on standard IMO are viewed as lesser guitars, more in line with LTD's. All of the ones I've owned have been the best instruments I've owned. All 3 of my Vipers and my Eclipse have had solid 1 piece mahog bodies and 1 piece necks and play like butter. The Maverick was killer too, but it had a solid finish, so I can't say for sure if that body was just 1 piece. But it played great as well.

Archived