BLACKSTAR - HT1(Head) OR HT-DISTX Pedal ...decisions decisions

Johansolo

• Members

ive owned the HT-5 and HT20 previously and i really dug the emulated output for direct recording.

this demo really has me gassing for the HT-1(head)

[video=youtube;AJewAJuodl8]

but i found a blackstar brochure in my pile of gear mags and had a flick through and noticed the BS pedals also have the emulated outputs.

the HT-DISTX has caught my eye, having more eq controls than the HT-1

i just want to run it direct for recording. (that said i could find a use for either another head or a high gain dirt pedal...and theyre pretty much the same price.

decisions decisions...anyone own either/both?

which would you pick out of the two?

• Members

I'd go with the HT-Dual over the DistX, if it's just for recording. On its own, the Dual doesn't get as brutal as the DistX, but you can boost it to get it into full brootz territory. The Dual does nice cleans, medium, and medium high-gain sounds on its own. On the other hand, the DistX pretty much does high gain and that's it. With a tube swap and some tweaking, you can get some decent lower gain sounds, but the Dual is much more versatile.

• Members

My understanding was that the dual is the same basic preamp ckt the head uses in a box with more controls. So, for your purposes I'd go with the pedal. Everything I've heard from those pedals has been awesome. I really am GASsing for one even though I have no need for another high gain preamp.

Archived