WGS ET65 or Invader

fretless

• Members

this
:lol:

I've been here too long.

Anyway about it, I won't tell you not to do the Invader, as I can't think of but a few people who haven't loved their WGS no matter what model it was. Personally, I've got an ET65 and have had a couple of Vet 30, and can't say enough good things about them.

• Members

I think that it will work out for you... please keep us updated after you receive it!

Cole

Thanks man , I hope so . Up until last week I really had no idea how much the speaker affects the guitar tone . Then I do endless hours listening and researching find what I think I like an buy something no one has ever heard before based on the color green and this thread :freak::lol:

• Members

Thanks man , I hope so . Up until last week I really had no idea how much the speaker affects the guitar tone . Then I do endless hours listening and researching find what I think I like an buy something no one has ever heard before based on the color green and this thread
:freak::lol:

There are definitely plenty of options when it comes to speakers... I was originally looking at some Eminence, Weber and Jensen speakers before I bought my ET65s. I decided on the ET65 as I tried it in a Fender Hot Rod DeVille and loved the way it sounded there... So I figured it would sound nice in the Classic 50 too... I really like it, though I would love to hear how a Greenback would sound in it too...

Cole

• Members

Yes please do, because the people telling you how good it would be for you would love to know how it actually sounds.
:lol:

I would love to know how it sound... but isn't a Greenback flavored speaker supposed to sound great in an AC30??? When I hear about an AC30 it seems to me that most people recommend getting the Celestion Alnico Blues or the Greenbacks... So when I say that it sounds like it would work out for him, it is based off posts of other people using similar voiced speakers. Just saying :poke:

Cole

• Members

I would love to know how it sound... but isn't a Greenback flavored speaker supposed to sound great in an AC30??? When I hear about an AC30 it seems to me that most people recommend getting the Celestion Alnico Blues or the Greenbacks... So when I say that it sounds like it would work out for him, it is based off posts of other people using similar voiced speakers. Just saying :poke:

Cole

Fair enough. :thu:

Then again the G1265 is a high powered variant of the Greenback.

• Members

hmm , yeah I'll do that first .

either / or ?

I love my convertible back cab, when I want that big blooming room filling sound, off comes the back. When I want to punch myself in the nuts with my palm mutes, on she goes again. It's a beautiful thing. :love:

Anyway, that's a nice looking little 1x12. Enjoy the new set up. :thu:

• Members

I love my convertible back cab, when I want that big blooming room filling sound, off comes the back. When I want to punch myself in the nuts with my palm mutes, on she goes again. It's a beautiful thing.
:love:

Anyway, that's a nice looking little 1x12. Enjoy the new set up.
:thu:

Thanks man ! I was thinking the nut punch may be better for home recording and what not as long as it's not too bassy . It's pretty nice and for the money I couldn't find a better built cab , I really wanted dovetail construction . The grill is tight as a drum , he did nice work . It's a good fit for the head too , exact size . What you said makes a lot of sense , these convertible cabs should have thumb screws in back for a real quick change .

Archived