NAD (Epic Splawn Content!!)

xmorgan socialx

• Members

I have been really happy with my amps lately, not feeling the need for anything new... But I have been slightly missing my Splawn moded 1987xl that I sold to a friend about 9 months ago so I had been thinking about ordering a Quickrod, but I knew it would be different because of all of the changes Scott has made to the circuit. So last night I did my usually "Marshall" search on my local craigslist and there is a Splawn up, so I look at it and it's a 3 pre amp tube Quickrod with Plexi Cosmetics :love::love::love: and it's only a grand:facepalm:. Now I just bought a new drum set yesterday for a band I am drumming in, but {censored} I had to do it. So here she is...

IMG_20110723_200458.jpg

I have had it for all of 30 minutes and have only been able to play it at bedroom volumes, but so far HOLY {censored} does it rule. It's everything I loved about the modded Marshall but it has a LOT more low end. I first turned on and was like "holy {censored}, this does have a lot of gain," and then I realized I was on mode 1 in the low gain mode:eek: so then I went through the modes, and this thing rules. Blows the Nitro I had out of the water. I am a very happy guy right now and will probably be selling one of the 800's shortly if this thing sounds as good at band practice later this week as it does at low volume.

CSB

Archived