Looking for MIDI foot controller suggestions

Demonofthefall

• Members

Hey guys, I posted this a few days ago on HCFX and didn't get much feedback ... and I used up my free bumps so now it's your turn!

For the last couple of years I've been using a MFC5 footcontroller (from Axess Electronics) with a G-Major and a CFX4 switcher. Unfortunately, the MFC5 ceased to function properly and since Axess is no more, I will probably need to replace it. Here's what I need :

- Something simple ... I only need to send program changes on one channel. I don't use CC messages

- I only need to access 4 patches per bank ... additional switches will likely confuse me on stage :facepalm:

- No expression pedal

- phantom powered on pins 1 & 3 or battery

- All metal. Robust & Reliable

Looks like the Tech 21 MIDI moose could fit the bill. Any thoughts on that ? Alternatives ?

Thanks.

• Members

Hey guys, I posted this a few days ago on HCFX and didn't get much feedback ... and I used up my free bumps so now it's your turn!

For the last couple of years I've been using a MFC5 footcontroller (from Axess Electronics) with a G-Major and a CFX4 switcher. Unfortunately, the MFC5 ceased to function properly and since Axess is no more, I will probably need to replace it. Here's what I need :

- Something simple ... I only need to send program changes on one channel. I don't use CC messages

- I only need to access 4 patches per bank ... additional switches will likely confuse me on stage
:facepalm:
- No expression pedal

- phantom powered on pins 1 & 3 or battery

- All metal. Robust & Reliable

Looks like the Tech 21 MIDI moose could fit the bill. Any thoughts on that ? Alternatives ?

Thanks.

have you tried contacting Mario? Email support@axess-electronics.com

• Members

There's also the Liquidfoot Jr, but that's probably more than what you're wanting, both in features and cost. :idk:

I was considering one for my Axe rig, but I realise by the time I had it shipped here, I probably might as well just fork out a bit more now and buy the FAS controller from the local distributor. That is, despite not needing anything anywhere near that big for the band. :o I've got 5 preset switches and 12 IA switches... I can get through most of our songs on just one preset and my volume knob, without switching anything. :lol::facepalm:

• Members

There's also the Liquidfoot Jr, but that's probably more than what you're wanting, both in features and cost.
:idk:

I was considering one for my Axe rig, but I realise by the time I had it shipped here, I probably might as well just fork out a bit more now and buy the FAS controller from the local distributor. That is, despite not needing anything anywhere near that big for the band.
:o
I've got 5 preset switches and 12 IA switches... I can get through most of our songs on just one preset and my volume knob, without switching anything.
:lol::facepalm:

{censored} Liquidfoot. That's right. Those {censored}ers have got to be among the {censored}tiest business plans around. You can't get hold of them. You never get any replies to email. I'm not sure how their stocklist works but I've tried numerous times to get their product for people whom I'm working on rigs for and they're totally incommunicado.

They tossed out a page with a bunch of vaporware stats and some nice pics and generate a bunch of buzz and gas for their {censored} then only trickle out a few units here and there. Probably give people a break to give them glowing reviews.

I'm sure Mark Cameron had a hand in their company strategy.

• Members

{censored} Liquidfoot. That's right. Those {censored}ers have got to be among the {censored}tiest business plans around. You can't get hold of them. You never get any replies to email. I'm not sure how their stocklist works but I've tried numerous times to get their product for people whom I'm working on rigs for and they're totally incommunicado.

They tossed out a page with a bunch of vaporware stats and some nice pics and generate a bunch of buzz and gas for their {censored} then only trickle out a few units here and there. Probably give people a break to give them glowing reviews.

I'm sure Mark Cameron had a hand in their company strategy.

I dunno if you're talking about now or before, but apparently it all went to {censored} and they're now up and running again after someone else bought them out or something. If you go to the LF page it basically has a home page and a link to somewhere else. :idk:

Dunno how things are going with them now. Apparently their controllers are fantastic though, which is why I was considering the LF Jr. Didn't get far enough along that path to find out if their service is any good now. :idk: The FAS MFC works for my set up great, just that it's way beyond what I really need right now. But at least I won't need to upgrade or anything, which I may have had to do at some point in the future if I'd gone with a smaller controller. :idk:

• Members
I love my MIDIMoose, I use it the same way that you intend to and it's perfect.

Cool. I like to have the option to power it with a battery. It might look stupid but I had a Boss PSA adapter failure once during a show and I want to minimize the chances of this happening again ...

Archived